• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The OFT/Firstplus disclosure reprimand refusal & PHSO Maladministration complaint.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFT/Firstplus disclosure reprimand refusal & PHSO Maladministration complaint.

The above mentioned company reprimanded by the OFT some years ago on .............interest rate variations ?

Cut to the chase, the said company operate/enforce very questionable contract clauses without any intervention from the OFT, only excuses.

The courts have in one case (which is the only one known to me) have found in favour of the consumer & ruled that an interest management statement be removed as deemed unfair...............due to the consumer suffering financially for not being able to plan for their future under such a one sided matter.

This cause is widely used & is the cause of much consumer misery with no option of redress or any guidance from regulatory bodies...............its a do as they say syndrome "you signed it"

The OFT soon to be put to bed are subject now to a PHSO enquiry on why they will not disclose the reprimand details & why they choose to ignore the UTCCR regulations specifically with this company.

Years of complaining & still hurdles to climb, the future with the FCA........any better ?
    Tags: None

Re: The OFT/Firstplus disclosure reprimand refusal & PHSO Maladministration complaint

To put it bluntly No same people employed at the OFT at present will move over to the FCA.
    Time for the ECJ ruling to be tested The Right to The Truth & Disclosure under a Freedom of Information Request

Just my opinion.

Sparkie

Comment

Re: The OFT/Firstplus disclosure reprimand refusal & PHSO Maladministration complaint

http://www.firstpluscomplaints.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
        To put it bluntly No same people employed at the OFT at present will move over to the FCA.
        Time for the ECJ ruling to be tested The Right to The Truth & Disclosure under a Freedom of Information Request

Just my opinion.

Sparkie
        FoIA they have been served with as well as the PHSO request for disclosure............talk about delays, the OFT are doing all they can to get rid & as for the FCA stance it looks better but wont hold my breath

Comment

Yes I know this lot quite well & thank you for your consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post

Just my opinion.

Sparkie
            This is now going to a First Tier Tribunal following refusal to act from the ICO (FoIA) I just hope its the right thing to do, we really do need some success/progression on this

Comment

The PHSO seem to be getting their act together now & perhaps some answers to very difficult questions put to the OFT may be answered.

Its about time this was put to bed & some truths come out........its such a drawn out process no wonder folks don't want to push it.....not long now !

Comment

Just want to shift comment to :

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...665#post432665

Comment

Can't access there Fred - is it worth asking for / paying for access?

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax71 View Post
                    Can't access there Fred - is it worth asking for / paying for access?
                    Always worth going VIP on here.

That particular thread is closed by this user, it contains nothing of any significance IMO.

Comment

Will think about it.

Maybe if / when I get the info from the CMA (see thread below) as I might need some advice. Cheers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X