• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is Lowell/BW Legal 'Claim Form' bogus???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Lowell/BW Legal 'Claim Form' bogus???

thanks for all your replies. please can you confirm what i need to do next ?
    what do i need to b doing regarding the courts whilst i wait for lowells/bw legal to act? Please can you break it down for me as now im lost and worried. thanku

Comment

Originally posted by lozza View Post
      thanks for all your replies. please can you confirm what i need to do next ?
      what do i need to b doing regarding the courts whilst i wait for lowells/bw legal to act? Please can you break it down for me as now im lost and worried. thanku
      You may want to look at this thread which is very similar: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...555#post411555

If your claim was DATED Jan 27th, my calculations of 28 days + 5 for service indicate your defence would be due by Friday Feb 28th. :clock: In the meantime, you need to contact BW Legal and say that, if they refuse to supply you with the documents, you will have no option but to apply to the court for an unless order. Log every email and phone call, as you will need to include these details should it be necessary to apply for the order.

You don't need to tell the court anything until they either agree to an extension (you will have to notify the court in writing if they do) or you apply for an order.

Comment

thanku. nither lowells or bw legal have bothered to get back to me so im going to contact them and tell them to back off supply the docs or i will apply for the unless order.

how rude not to even bother responding. so what do i do if they still dont respond? do i contact the court on the 28th and explain what i have done?

Comment

thanku. nither lowells or bw legal have bothered to get back to me so im going to contact them and tell them to back off supply the docs or i will apply for the unless order.
          Don't contact Lowell, just BW Legal. They are the ones who would have to agree to an extension for failing to supply the documents. No need to remind Lowell that they haven't complied with your request, since non-compliance can be used in your defence. :thumb:

how rude not to even bother responding. so what do i do if they still dont respond? do i contact the court on the 28th and explain what i have done?
          No, don't wait till then. Email and/or ring BW Legal and explain that, even if they were to supply the documents immediately (which would be Mon/Tue next week), you would only have a couple of days to prepare a defence. Ask them to agree to an extension of 28 days as allowed by CPR 15.5. If they do, get them to send you an email confirming the agreement, then inform the court. :typing:

If they refuse to agree to the extension, you will need to apply for an unless order, where you will have to list the steps you took, i.e.
          • sent an email on xx/xx/2014 - no response
          • followed up with phone call at xxx hrs - spoke to xxx who said yyy

...so it's best to start getting your ducks in a row.

Comment

i have emailed bw to ask for the extension. to be clear do i now ring the court to tell them what i have done? im really not sure what to say . sorry i know it is probably really easy but i dont want to get it wrong....... i may even ring bw legal on monday to tell them to get a shift on and agree to the extension so they cannot say not got email blablabla what do you people think?
            thanks very much for help so far.

also could anyone help me with ideas on how to write a defence please ? thanks

Comment

Re: Received court claim forms from bw legal/ lowell portfolio

hiya.
              i need help as i have tried to get bw legal to give me an extension so i can get all documents i need to give a defense to a claim they have put in to northampton c.court regardings lowells and shop direct. i have done everything required got no response from lowells and bw legal have not provide the cpr docs . i did the aos which was received on the 10th feb so when is my defence actually to be in by when the claim was issued on the 27th of jan ?
              also i have emailed the court to tell them i have asked bw legal for extension but i am so stuck as to what to do next.? do i fill in a defence for tomorrow or do i wait for them to get back to me i just dont know what dates i need to go by or what to do next. i have posted on a different thread but no one has got back to me so i am stuck. help !!! thanks

Comment

hiya.
                i need help as i have tried to get bw legal to give me an extension so i can get all documents i need to give a defense to a claim they have put in to northampton c.court regardings lowells and shop direct. i have done everything required got no response from lowells and bw legal have not provide the cpr docs . i did the aos which was received on the 10th feb so when is my defence actually to be in by when the claim was issued on the 27th of jan ?
                also i have emailed the court to tell them i have asked bw legal for extension but i am so stuck as to what to do next.? do i fill in a defence for tomorrow or do i wait for them to get back to me i just dont know what dates i need to go by or what to do next. i have posted on a different thread but no one has got back to me so i am stuck. help !!! thanks
                You've had nothing at all back ?

If you are going down the CPR route then you should carry it through. There's a guide http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information which should help with the application for an unless order.

If the claim was issue 27th Jan then probably service date 31st, so 28 days from then and yes application needs to go in tomorrow really.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i should add that i have emailed bw legal just now to say i will apply for case to be struck out should they not respond pronto !

so confused , and worried .

Comment

Don't worry, or panic, you're fine. They are not fine. They have claimed against you in court without having anything to back up their claim. Have a read of the application stuff and let me know if theres any queries. You can attach documents to an email and submit them that way to Northampton.

(Have put posts back on your thread )
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i should add that i have emailed bw legal just now to say i will apply for case to be struck out should they not respond pronto !

so confused , and worried .

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Don't worry, or panic, you're fine. They are not fine. They have claimed against you in court without having anything to back up their claim. Have a read of the application stuff and let me know if theres any queries. You can attach documents to an email and submit them that way to Northampton.

(Have put posts back on your thread )
                        hiya .
                        thanku for getting back to me. i think my defence has to be in tomorrow.......arrrgghhh. what do i do about that and which applications do u mean? thanku sorry if im a pain wont sleep till i have sorted this out.

Comment

Have a read http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information - You've done the letters bits, so Post #3 onwards.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

You've had nothing at all back ?

If you are going down the CPR route then you should carry it through. There's a guide http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information which should help with the application for an unless order.

If the claim was issue 27th Jan then probably service date 31st, so 28 days from then and yes application needs to go in tomorrow really.
                            What do i put in my defence? or do i do the unless order ? or do i explain in a defence about trying to get documents etc and hit a brick wall and that i want to do an unless order?
                            please help am getting a bit frantic.
                            thanks

Comment

Have a read http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information - You've done the letters bits, so Post #3 onwards.
                              hiya thanks again. just read about the unless order. theres no way we can afford the fees and i have no time to work out and provide proof that we might be entitled to remission on fees? what are the chances of me doing a defence with all my emails and requests being ignored that the court will say no chance to bw legal anyway? i really need help with the defence part. oh my goodness this is stressful.

Comment

and my little girl is awake now not well so arrrrggggghhh ........guess will have to deal with it tomorro

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X