• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SCOTLAND - Statutory demand pending - sheriff officer to deliver friday 31st jan!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTLAND - Statutory demand pending - sheriff officer to deliver friday 31st jan!

Looks like JimBrain received the same thing http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post4465613
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: SCOTLAND - Statutory demand pending - sheriff officer to deliver friday 31st jan!

No but seems a bit simplistic to say because you haven't paid a debt within 14 days you're ''apparently insolvent''.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Similar thing in England though. If you fail to comply with a SD etc, then a creditor can petition for bankruptcy and even make you bankrupt if you fail to oppose the petition. Even if you have a £billion in the bank. Apparent insolvency in Scotland is just putting a name on that state where the court, in absence of other evidence is entitled to assume you insolvent. Doesn't necessarily mean you are balance sheet insolvent.

Comment

Re: Statutory demand pending - sheriff officer looking to delivery friday 31st jan!

Originally posted by alscotland View Post
          Hey Stressball (great name mate), i am also going through the same situation as you and have received the same PRE-DATED without prejudice letter you have. Also states that i have not applied to have the SD set-aside. I also have scanned copies of all documents (denial slips), postage paid and sent, delivery conformation and signatures from both BW & Lowell. Makes me wonder what they are trying to achieve by denying receiving their first class recorded signed for post. I have sat here and written out a letter to BW ilegal but not sent it yet, i'm not sure if i should show them that i have proof of sending the denial. Its getting a bit confusing now that they are using their own denial of receiving legal documents tactic.

i agree
          I wonder if Celestine can give their 2 pennies worth in this also
          Hey alscotland... it's crazy! I think they know they are abusing the law by doing what they are doing. It is pure scare tactics to make you sit up and respond to them in one way or another. Still unsure the others here whether we just ignore them? (14 days to agree to a plan, which, in my situation, amounts to over £900 a month - who the hell is going to be able to comply with that?) Or do we just send a letter with copies of the proof of delivery and tell them to stop making threats? Would be good to get some input on exactly what to do here - bearing in mind that whilst we are denying the debt, as per the stat demand, we don't, somehow, get involved in a dialogue with them that acknowledges the debt. As I'm hoping that this will eventually go away by coming statute barred - another 2 years or so yet, so don 't want to do anything to jeopardise that... Any thoughts folks??
          Last edited by Amethyst; 31st March 2014, 16:58:PM.

Comment

I would respond to the letter enclosing photocopies of the receipts of postage and a copy of the denial form returned to the claimants. Keep the originals very safe.

I'd also give national debtline scotland or AIB a call if possible to double check. I've read through all the information on Stat Demands in Scotland and I can't find anything that states you have to apply to set aside a statutory demand - the denial form is it, if it has been send, by recorded delivery within 3 weeks, then that is it, end of stat demand.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              I would respond to the letter enclosing photocopies of the receipts of postage and a copy of the denial form returned to the claimants. Keep the originals very safe.

I'd also give national debtline scotland or AIB a call if possible to double check. I've read through all the information on Stat Demands in Scotland and I can't find anything that states you have to apply to set aside a statutory demand - the denial form is it, if it has been send, by recorded delivery within 3 weeks, then that is it, end of stat demand.
              Hi Amethyst - the denial form is it - confirmed this via celestine a few weeks back. Seems the BW/Lowells mob are just pushing the envelope, so to speak, and trying further scare tactics. By trying to hide behind a 'without prejudice' letter, they hope to make it look legally authentic, without having actually checked the extent of its legality in Scotland. I'll fire off copies to them next week, just to head them off at the pass - although, I am tempted to see if they will do what they say - whether out of sheer ignorance of the Scottish system, or through sheer stupidity.

Cheers, thus far, for all your help everyone... do have a good weekend one and all...
              Last edited by Amethyst; 31st March 2014, 16:59:PM.

Comment

Aye I know, just when a bloody solicitors firm intimate that's not it, you kinda feel obliged to double check, especially with jimbrain and alscotland having the same thing.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry Ive not keep abreast of this thread recently...happy to respond if any of the posters PM me

Comment

Hi Mark, Nice to see you. if you have any input feel free to post on the thread then it can help others too. Find to nudge someone to look at a thread via PM but for safety we try not to encourage advice by pm. xx

I did think Lowell had maybe worked out they didn;t understand how the Scots system worked, but they just issued another batch of stat demands via Walker Love so expect the same issues to arise. Scary thing is how many people have just rolled over and accepted bankruptcy because of these threats. The stress on a family under threat of sequestration must be immense.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X