• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

being threatened and harrased by colleague

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being threatened and harrased by colleague

i am a witness in a case against a fellow employee. he has since sent me threatening text messages, and threatened me in town infront of other members of staff who have veriifed what i have said. i informed my boss of the texts and what happened in town and we had a meeting where i was told that
    A. i shouldnt have brought the matter to work
    B. i should not tell other members of staff what happened
    c. i wasted managments time with the issue an just get on with it

also worth noting that the man recieved no punishment for this from manager. and that he has been warned by the police for harassing me. i dont feel able to work with this man as he has been convicted of serious charges in the past complying of abh assault drug dealing among others and i feel threatened in my workplace and i feel i have no managment protection due to him and my manager being good friends outside of work. what can i do and what are my rights please??
    Tags: None

Re: being threatened and harrased by colleague

Is this regarding the same issue as your other thread? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...190#post386190

Have a read of the Guide for Employees here http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1864 from ACAS. Also have a look at the Employers Guide.

Advice leaflet - Bullying and harassment at work: a guide for managers and employers [231kb] or Advice leaflet - Bullying and harassment at work: a guide for employees [212kb].

The leaflets spell out the employers responsibility.

It may be an idea to get in touch with ACAS to check your position. No one should be made to feel under threat at work. Call the Acas Helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and impartial advice.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes it is. in my other thread i was worried about my job but as it turns out i had told the truth all along.

Comment

but since then the man has threatened myself via text and face to face and witneeses have made written accounts backing my account up yet nothing done other than me being made to feel like i was in wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          It may be an idea to get in touch with ACAS to check your position. No one should be made to feel under threat at work. Call the Acas Helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and impartial advice.
          It might also be sensible to ask the plods if the threats or harassment had broken the blackguard's bail conditions.

Comment

aparently they have issued a warning for this. atm im happy with the police. its my employer im unhappy with. the cow tells me to get on with it

Comment

Originally posted by ben oseman View Post
              aparently they have issued a warning for this.
              Has the warning had any effect on the brute?

atm im happy with the police.
              I wouldn't be.

its my employer im unhappy with. the cow tells me to get on with it
              Is she associated at all with the island of Lesbos? :grin:

Comment

im happy with the police in that they take what i said seriously and issued stage one harrasment warning. my boss however has done sweet FA to the point where shes basically sweeping it under the carpet and i know its because they are friends

Comment

... my boss however has done sweet FA to the point where shes basically sweeping it under the carpet and i know its because they are friends
                  All the more reason to push the matter with the police.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                    All the more reason to push the matter with the police.
                    Quite.

Until his trial, she should have the opportunity to visit her friend in gaol on remand.

Comment

If this other employee does not curb their threats, etc., I can see their bail being rescinded and them being remanded into custody. I can also see this boss being given an invitation they cannot refuse to have a "meaningful conversation" with the police if they do not exercise control over this employee.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

im happy with the police in that they take what i said seriously and issued stage one harrasment warning. my boss however has done sweet FA to the point where shes basically sweeping it under the carpet and i know its because they are friends
                        You should have said with regards to the first point she made: You did not bring the matter to work but because of work you were threatened by that person and that the threats could affect the way in which you work due to the stress that it was causing already.

In regards to not mentioning in front of colleagues: that is unfortunately out of her hands since her friend threatened you in front of witnesses with whom you work and so therefore work colleagues are aware of this.

in regards of the last point: see the first point again, ie that it is something that began at work and might have be a stressful issue that could affect the way you do your work so it is very very relevant. Her passivity to this is not particularly good.
                        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

this man as he has been convicted of serious charges in the past complying of abh assault drug dealing among others and i feel threatened in my workplace
                          Should this person really be working in a Care Home? With vulnerable people? Protected by a "special relationship" with management?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Has the warning had any effect on the brute?

I wouldn't be.

Is she associated at all with the island of Lesbos? :grin:
                            Or is she shagging the crim?:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

OP Ben

I am absolutely horrified by this. If he is prepared to threaten colleagues and management prepared to cover it up you must blow the whistle.

The implications for the people he is "caring" for are terrifying.

Go to the top and complain vigorously. That would anyway protect your employment as "whistleblowing" is a protected characteristic.

PLEASE!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X