• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SCOTLAND - Denial Slip Statutory Demand 'extra page'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTLAND - Denial Slip Statutory Demand 'extra page'

Hello

I live in Scotland.

I am about to return the denial slip from a Statutory Demand. What should I do about the extra page 'explanation of denial' is it necessary to complete this?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks

KiaDia
    Tags: None

Re: Denial Slip Statutory Demand 'extra page'

Originally posted by KiaDia View Post
    I live in Scotland. I am about to return the denial slip from a Statutory Demand. What should I do about the extra page 'explanation of denial' is it necessary to complete this?
    We have someone on board who knows about SDs and Scottish law so hopefully they will post on here soon. I have alerted them on this thread:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...507#post405507

Comment

What date were you served with the SD?

Can you post up some more details about the debt being claimed. Such as the name of the creditor, the product (credit card, overdraft, personal loan, catalogue etc) and the amount.

What will be your reasons for denial? Is this a debt you don't recognise or is it a debt which may be statute barred (5 years since last payment since you live in Scotland) or something else?

Comment

Hi what is important is your simple assertion that you deny the debt and getting this to the creditor before the demand expires - best to send "signed for".

Comment

Originally posted by KiaDia View Post
          What should I do about the extra page 'explanation of denial' is it necessary to complete this?
          No. It's just the scummy DCA fishing for info. You don't need to complete it.

Comment

How easy - or how difficult - would it be to get a litigant declared "vexatious" under Scots Law?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X