• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threat of a Money Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Threat of a Money Claim

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    FFS Get round there and talk to your mum I would guarantee that you BOTH will regret it if you get married and move to the states with this unsorted you only have one mum and remember she gave birth to you betting that matters to her in truth than a feud over money.
    Sorry to be so blunt
    I am under no illusions as to what I will, and will not, regret should this go on unresolved thank you. Giving birth to someone does not give someone carte blanche to act however they want and never have to apologise for it. I'm a human being just as much as my mum is, and whilst the locksmith wasn't my finest hour, that never would have happened if she hadn't done what she did.

Comment

Originally posted by powerchord View Post
      Giving birth to someone does not give someone carte blanche to act however they want and never have to apologise for it. I'm a human being just as much as my mum is, and whilst the locksmith wasn't my finest hour, that never would have happened if she hadn't done what she did.
      You couldn't be more right. None of us have the right to 'own' another human being. No mother has the right to pull rank over their own daughter (after a certain age). If only she could be proud to see you so spirited. I expect secretly she is proud of you. She's obviously having trouble coming to terms with it. You've grown up and that's possibly scaring her.

Comment

Thank you. I didn't mean to sound rude. It's just very frustrating for others to say "just make up" when it's not as simple as that. This is the latest (albeit most drastic) in a long line of her actions which I have felt should be apologised for...or at the very least she should have shown some remorse for. I've spent a very long time biting my tongue and making concessions, but leaving me an hour and a half's drive away in Bristol is kind of hard to ignore. Living with my mum has been difficult for some time. I'm not looking for sympathy but I don't like being judged either.

Comment

Hun..I asked you her age for exactly the reason PlanB mentioned...menopause.
          I am now 51.....and for the last few years I have gone from a happy go lucky woman into 'Hell on Legs' (my sons analagy)
          I cry at the drop of a hat....(watched a programme where a sick rhino had to be put to sleep,I wept and wailed for hours)
          Mood swings......oh yes...I veer from sociable to psychotic in a nano second
          Every emotion you can think of I hit at least 10 times a day.
          It's no excuse,,it's horrible and I hate myself after a rampage but I can't help myself (well,, I could..I choose not to half the time)....

If you can/want to..have a long hard think about what's happened recently...maybe writing it all down on a timeline and
          I might be completely wrong and it's not what's causing your Mums erratic behaviour,but combined with grief,stress etc it's a possibility...and you moving away may just be the crisis that's boiled over in her mind.
          You are happy to admit the locksmith scenario wasn't your finest hour and maybe telling her that will help?
          Your Mum doesn't get any sympathy for her irrational behaviour but it would be helpful if you 'gently' pointed out to her that she is making every molehill into a mountain (and quickly hide lol)
          She needs an outlet for her emotions and she's picking on the wrong people (family) because there is a BIG possibility you all will say 'Stuff you' and walk out of her life and she won't have a clue why.
          My OH and son virtually frogmarched me to the Dr,,with the threat that if I didn't seek help they were all leaving home,,I had no idea how abusive,difficult and moody I had become until I heard their side of it (and I had to listen,we were in the Drs room,,I was slightly trapped lol)

Edit,,,,,,and as for memory......that's shot to bits..I forget everything..I'm told that's another 'side effect' such fun being 'a woman of a certain age):faint:

Last edited by Inca; 29th January 2014, 19:56:PM. Reason: forgot something lol

Comment

Thank the Lord my OH went through the change without the side effects lucky for me cos if she started I would have laughed its my way of handling stress now and a suit of armour

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X