• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended

Hi all. I've recently been suspended pending a hearing. I hit a door too hard in temper and consequently broke the glass panel in the door. Will I be dismissed? I had no intention of breaking the door and have offered to pay for the damage. Should I resign? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Suspended

Into how many pieces did the glass break?

Was the glass panel toughened glass, laminated glass or wired glass?

Comment

The glass shattered. It was a wired glass panel..

Comment

No pieces fell out

Comment

Oh, good. At least nobody was injured, or likely to have been injured.

Why did you get so angry?

Comment

I made a request to change something, this request wasn't actioned By a certain team and was having the blame placed on me. Do you think I will be dismissed for criminal damage?

Comment

Originally posted by pleasehelpme View Post
              I made a request to change something, this request wasn't actioned By a certain team and was having the blame placed on me. Do you think I will be dismissed for criminal damage?
              Have the police been involved? I don't think anyone can apply that term unless it has been through the courts and a conviction exists.

Comment

No police thankfully

Comment

Is this the first time you have reacted in this way?

Comment

I've worked for the company for almost 5 years. This is my first reaction of a violent nature. My problems at home + this was just a little too much for me to take.

Comment

Hi all. I've recently been suspended pending a hearing. I hit a door too hard in temper and consequently broke the glass panel in the door. Will I be dismissed? I had no intention of breaking the door and have offered to pay for the damage. Should I resign? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                      If it were me (ho ho, don't think I'd have the physical strength to do this, even on purpose) but if it were ...I'd continue on the tack you are on, be contrite, insist on paying for it and express astonishment that a playful, frustrated punch caused such damage; stress that you have now learnt from this regrettable mistake

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Thanks for the advice
                          You are most welcome - but do hold on for proper advice from those more clued up on employment law and all its ramifications

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                            You are most welcome - but do hold on for proper advice from those more clued up on employment law and all its ramifications
                            I cannot see much more to add except that it's the first offence, no one was injured and that he has offered to pay for the damage. Could even claim not to have known his own strength. It would be surprising if he got sacked for this one when no police were involved. MissFM, totally agreed with the advice you gave......
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Check your disciplinary and grievance procedure.
                              M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X