• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn Car repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn Car repo

Hi Everyone (come all ye who are interested and gather around! :tinysmile_grin_t,

We have a problem with Moneybarn and it starts something like this.........

We part exchanged our car last March for a newer version taking out an agreement with Credit Plus (we are looking at the agreement in-case it is different to the Moneybarn one) first and then a Conditional Sale agreement with Moneybarn!

Everything was going hunky doory until October when my business failed and we fell 1 payment of £250 behind.

We rang Moneybarn and explained the situation and asked what the procedure was to enable us to maintain the payment and pay off the
    arrears, we were told by a very (unhelpful) young lady that we would have to wait now until contacted by the repossession department to see what
    they proposed.............. We did just that and was later told that we would have to pay the months arrears and then the upcoming payment and that was that! There would be NO compromise!

As you can imagine, our financial situation didn't improve (still hasn't to any degree YET!) and the second payment was missed.

At this point Moneybarn sent us a DN (with various, 'admin' charges on it) giving us 14 days to pay the arrears

We then started blasting through forums and talking to the National Debt Helpline who introduced us to the concept of a Time Order.

This Time Order would mean we had to pay £175.00 to our local court along with the application (a fee we do not have) but the gentleman from National Debt Line suggested that we hide the car until Moneybarn get a return of goods order from the court and then we apply via that for a time order.

We then told (as we were advised) Moneybarn that we would be seeking a time order (9th December 2013) within 2 days of this email being sent we were sent a Termination Notice (11.12.2013) (NICE PEOPLE!!!!).

After ringing the company and speaking to Adrian (another helpful young, if not arrogant, rude chap) we asked if he would put in writing to us that they would re-instate the agreement after the arrears were brought up to date. His reply was, 'the calls are recorded and we don't put it in email or writing'. I hope his mother is very proud of him???

We are hiding the car on the island of Fernando's at the moment .

We have had 2 visits now from Anglia UK (the repo men!!) (We did send them a notice of the removal of their rights of access - which, they have chosen to ignore)

I have explained to the repo man that we are intent on going to court as we have seen on various forums that Moneybarn are less than an honourable company to deal with and we are concerned that we would pay all of the arrears to get them to re-instate the terminated agreement (there are BIG questions over this) only to find that the car is repossessed any way.

In a nutshell Moneybarn are not interested in making an arrangement at all, we are looking for information that will enable us to battle and beat them in court - should the day arise.

Sorry for the long winded post, I am hoping it will answer a lot of questions before they arise.

All the best
    PB
    Tags: None

Re: Moneybarn Car repo

Hi

Had you paid more than one third of the total contract price when you defaulted ?(this would include any deposit/part ex from your old car)

Comment

Hi Andy58,

No we are just short of the 1/3rd payment.......... I should have mentioned it!

Cheers
      PB

Comment

The lads and lasses at national debtiline are pretty good on this stuff and their advice should be followed. There has been a similar case on here recently I helped with, if you look at earlier threads you will find it, everything turned out ok in the end in that instance.

As NDL would have told you the creditor can represses the car without a court order if you have not paid one third of the contract price, however they must seize the car form a public road, they cannot come into your property. In order for them to force you to give it up they need a court order(return of goods order).

When they apply for this you can put your case to the judge and in almost every occasion where the debtor has presented a realistic payment proposal the judge usually agrees it and allows the person to keep the car.

I would write a formal proposal of repayment to the creditor, if you can mange the contractual payments and a little off the arrears so much the better if not then whatever you can practically afford. Then I would send it recorded delivery, mention that you will commence payment as soon as you have their assurance that no steps will be taken to recover the vehicle, state in the letter that you are doing your best to repay the loan and also that this letter may be used as evidence of the fact if and when the matter should go to court. Keep a copy.

Comment

Thanks Andy,

I didn't think about sending Moneybarn anything asthey are soooooo arrogant, but I will send it, as you say it can be used in evidence.

Thanks again
          PB

Comment

OK good luck and let us know how you get on

Comment

Yeah,

I have my return of goods order!

Time to put a defence together any help would be most appreciated.

Regards
              PB

Comment

Hi everyone,

I suppose the simplest way to start this is I am trying to wriggle out of my HP agreement as I am planning on emigrating in the summer. I have read all the information and have, probably, a very basic questions to confirm a detail.

I've got all my paperwork out and checked a few of the points against some of the comments on this thread. I am referencing what would be the Hire Purchase Agreement and then my Annual Statement. Now...

My Annual Statement has three categories (figures made up and used for illustration purposes)... 'Opening Balance' at £40,000, 'Plus additional Charges' at £18,000 and finally ' Payments' at £25,000.

(for ease of clarity the Additional Charges was the finance outstanding on my old vehicle and within the 'Payments' section this same amount of £18,000 is listed as a payment entitled 'Dealer Deposit').

Now interesting (well to me anyway) my Hire Purchase Agreement states a 'total amount payable' of £40,000 and highlights under the section "Termination: Your Rights" my rights to give the vehicle back after paying £20,000.

My very basic question is this (and apologies if it is too simple to warrant a reply!!): As the total amount payable in Hire Purchase agreement is £40,000 at my right to return the vehicle is at £20,000 - with my Annual Statement stating I have paid £25,000 does that mean I can return vehicle now?? (clearly this formula misses out the 'Plus additional charges' section in any summed amounts, but then this amount doesn't seem to appear on my Hire Purchase Agreement).

Comment

Hello

just an update on my first post, we went into court and the judge ruled in our favour, essentially we kept the car and where awarded the repayments to remain the same over the period of the agreement.

however our circumstances have changed again and we are trying to find out if we can voluntarily terminate the suspended goods order that we had as we have paid more than half the value of the contract now?

Would anyone have any ideas?
                  cheers
                  PB

Comment

Hi, exactly the same is happening to me now , absolute, cold, heartless beings , we lost a parent!
                    please help the balifs are trying to bully me into giving the car up , I have paid over 1/3 and I have a court date in April for the return of possession
                    lucy

Comment

Moneybarn 1 Limited. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
                      Hello all,This is my first time on a forum like this but my experience with this company was so bad that I had to share this! I had got a vehicle from this ridiculous company back in 2013 and had made all the payments on time without any defaults .I have paid by now twice the value of the car! I decided to sell the car as no longer needed. I received a call from Adrian Fallows who byy the way is very rude, aggressive and very unhelpful saying that they will take me to court for selling the car. Apart from this they contacted the new ownwe of the vehicle stating that they had 7 days to return it to them as they were the legal owner! the amount of BS that comes out of this guys mouth is ubelievable! his excuse was that he could not see the final setelement on his system. This happned 2 days ago and said he will call me back that afternoon with an update and Im still waiting and the new owner of the vehicle is scared that his car will be taken away! Moneybarn have a very harrasing and intimidating aproah to customers who actually pay their wages! and the worse is that he was asking for payment plus the car back, I mean seriously does this guy have any sort of customer relationship experience at all? NO is the answer!!! I will never recommend this company to anybody and will actually advise to stay away from them!!

Comment

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right, if anyone is able to advise me but I’ve had months of issues with Moneybarn I’ve had issues trying to organise a payment arrangement as I fell behind with my payments but they refused and said I would have to do a consent order which I couldn’t afford, now I’ve have received a email stating they are going to collect the car is it worth doing a time order I’m at my wits end thanks again

Comment

I have in the past two experiences with these problems one with Lloyds Finance Co. I had maintained payments until the last three payments and received a phone call we need the vehicle for inspection, that transpired it was not HP but a Lease, I went into Lloyds Bank and paid the three payments, and my guess was. They are mercenary. The second episode. Now The Associate's Finance Co. Car paid for again all payments up to date three payments left again found this was a lease agreement, terminate letter so I parked the car in Mums garage the firm I was working for paid the payments, got the car out of the garage they took it but had to return it left it roads away, Lesson scan all docs before signing don't be so eager.

Comment

Hi had a repo man come to door to collect car said it has been to court and that he is working for moneybarn and that he had a return goods order , I have never received any forms for court and only missed one payment had car for over 2and half yrs can they do this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X