• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice hugely appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice hugely appreciated

Hi All,

I'm having a very hard time in getting a loan to purchase a car.

I did have one previous loan for £1000, which I was to repay over 1 year. I ended up missing 4 payments on this due to going out of work, but immediately after finding work, I contacted the underwriters and agreed to pay extra each month so that the loan was paid back in full, on time. Wish it was.

I was ignorant to how much it would have a knock on effect to my credit score and now I'm badly stuck.

I applied then for a second loan from my bank (Bank of Ireland), which was rejected. That was pretty much straight after I had repaid the first loan. They advised me to try again in 4 months time, which would have been October '13.

A few weeks ago I then seen a car I liked and applied for finance through a dealership, which came back as rejected. I then went into the bank and applied there, with a a guarantor, which was also turned down (6 months after originally applying).

I then obtained a copy of my credit report from Experian which I have attached to this post. It's now showing 11 late payments? Last week it showed 10.

Now I have no direct debits or standing orders from that account and my working wage is paid in each month.

I took this to the bank to question them about it, to which they said that I went into an overdraft in February '13. When I purchased an item from Argos, I had credit. The payment didn't come out till a few days later (I assumed it was instantly withdrawn) and in this time I had spent more money, meaning when the payment was eventually taken out, it knocked me into an overdraft. I argued that I didn't have an overdraft facility on my account and she basically said it's up to me to manage my finances.

Each time this occured I was also charged £40. The same happened next month with Sainsburys and in total I think I had 4 months of this in a row. I assumed the total amount was instantaneously withdrawn from the account.

It also shows I have no settled credit. I obtained a copy of my payment/loan history with the underwriters to ensure the balance on the loan was nil and that it was repaid in full and on time, which was confirmed via letter from them.

Basically I have no idea what these other late payments are that keep being added, the bank are simply washing their hands with me and to be honest I have no great understanding of my report and where I stand so any advice or input would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

KR,
    Ciaran
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Advice hugely appreciated

:bump:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X