• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain daylight robbery please help !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain daylight robbery please help !!!!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/...e#.UtzlzrTFKUk
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Whats the latest on this

Comment

Hi there, still being pestered for payment of arrears before court hearing on Tuesday next week but received a response to my complaint today consisting of a breakdown of charges (a list as long as your arm and leg) but they only sent charges for 2012 and 2013 to date because they didn't do statement of affairs until 2012 LOL . they stated in the letter that they do not ask for the charges until the end of the loan so they keep adding charges and when you think your finished they then intend to give you a bill for all the charges that have been applied throughout the loan term convenient of them ay !!!!! they said that they uphold my complaint and award me £195 refund for what they think to be unfair charges more like 10K's worth, they then offered me another £60 refund for another unfair charge of legal proceedings to which they have asked me to sign an agreement for (no way) not sure what i'll be signing. Makes very interesting reading can't wait to show a Judge and see what he makes of it all. Going to read more and i'll get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blemained OFF View Post
          Hi there, still being pestered for payment of arrears before court hearing on Tuesday next week but received a response to my complaint today consisting of a breakdown of charges (a list as long as your arm and leg) but they only sent charges for 2012 and 2013 to date because they didn't do statement of affairs until 2012 LOL . they stated in the letter that they do not ask for the charges until the end of the loan so they keep adding charges and when you think your finished they then intend to give you a bill for all the charges that have been applied throughout the loan term convenient of them ay !!!!! they said that they uphold my complaint and award me £195 refund for what they think to be unfair charges more like 10K's worth, they then offered me another £60 refund for another unfair charge of legal proceedings to which they have asked me to sign an agreement for (no way) not sure what i'll be signing. Makes very interesting reading can't wait to show a Judge and see what he makes of it all. Going to read more and i'll get back to you.

Explore the possibility that they have been creative and deceptive with their accountancy by adding hidden fees and charges while continuously not notifying the borrower when fees and charges have been added, they are doing something that needs investigating, and that they are trying to cover something up, we just have to work out what it is exactly!

False accounting maybe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accounting

Comment

Sadly the police dont seem interested in taking action against Blemain for fraud

Comment

off to court tomorrow, so worried, got a call from BF today saying that they will be looking for a repossession order tomorrow and judge will only be interested in me paying the arrears and nothing else. i will have the funds to clear arrears tomorrow but really need the judge to look into this further just hope he will

Comment

The judge will not look into anything for you, he is basically a referee between you, if you need more time to build your defence then ask for a ajournment but try to blame them for the reason i.e they have not supplied you with correct information, or you need information from blemain i.e the statment is not correct or has not got all the charges on so cannot be correct. what interest have they charged you on arrears penalties, etc make it clear you want to defend the repossession (if thats what you want to do) and out line your defence. you can give a written letter to the court usher to hand to the judge prior to the hearing.
                You may be approached by blemains solicitor before the hearing do not talk to him
                Make sure you bring to the judges attention that part of the Blemain group was fined £1.2 million by the FSA for unfair practices to borrowers in areares, copy this fact of the internet you can use this because it in the public demain. If blemain say that was a different company say yes but you are registered through that company with the FSA. so it does apply. this really brought my judge over to my side at my first hearing.

Comment

Make sure you play on the fact that Blemain did not comply with your SAR and are withholding information that you may want to rely on for your defence. This shifts the blame to Blemain and they will not be allowed to ask you for the costs for a ajornment.

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice wish me luck its at 12.00pm today so ill let you know later what happened

Comment

All the very best

Comment

Didn't get a very good response at court today, i was approached by Blemain legal rep but took your advice and didn't speak with them. i requested an adjournment, so that i could gather more evidence to help with my defence, i also asked the judge to look at the case of BF V Peter Bentley and to take into consideration that part of the BF group had been fined £1.225 million for unfairness to their customers. The Judge asked why should the Bentley case has. any relevance in my situation so i explained that I had experienced a family bereavement and that i was a single Mum and had fell into arrears due to this and also explained how i work and that i only receive stage payments for work all of which BF are aware of. Taking all this into account plus having to struggle through the recession it has been difficult to maintain regular monthly payments.
                        After all of the above the Judge was not very interested he made me feel very irresponsible and told me that basically i had signed for this loan at that interest rate so i was in the wrong i should understand that lenders aren't nice people and if i don't pay on time there will be consequences i.e. charges, he told me to get my affairs in order and to budget my money better he also added that no one is interested in a sob story.
                        He ended by repossession proceeding to be in 28 days unless full payment of arrears ( £2,203.20 ).are received by Monday of next week if so repossession will be wavered with liberty to restore as and when BF feel like it i suppose.
                        Seems so unfair so would love to hear your thoughts
                        Last edited by Blemained OFF; 28th January 2014, 18:07:PM.

Comment

If there is anyone else who would like to see that BF are accounted for please contact me i am going to seek legal advice now as they cannot be allowed to continue to do this to so many people.

Comment

Didn't get a very good response at court today, i was approached by Blemain legal rep but took your advice and didn't speak with them. i requested an adjournment, so that i could gather more evidence to help with my defence, i also asked the judge to look at the case of BF V Peter Bentley and to take into consideration that part of the BF group had been fined £1.225 million for unfairness to their customers. The Judge asked why should the Bentley case has. any relevance in my situation so i explained that I had experienced a family bereavement and that i was a single Mum and had fell into arrears due to this and also explained how i work and that i only receive stage payments for work all of which BF are aware of. Taking all this into account plus having to struggle through the recession it has been difficult to maintain regular monthly payments.
                            After all of the above the Judge was not very interested he made me feel very irresponsible and told me that basically i had signed for this loan at that interest rate so i was in the wrong i should understand that lenders aren't nice people and if i don't pay on time there will be consequences i.e. charges, he told me to get my affairs in order and to budget my money better he also added that no one is interested in a sob story.
                            He ended by procession proceeding to be in 28 days unless full payment of arrears ( £2,203.20 ).are received by Monday of next week if so procession will be wavered with liberty to restore as and when BF feel like it i suppose.
                            Seems so unfair so would love to hearsyour thoughts
                            Can you get the money together to pay the arrears.

Comment

Yes i can manage it but i really wanted the judge to listen and help in investigating BF more

Comment

Yes i can manage it but i really wanted the judge to listen and help in investigating BF more
                                Others will sort them out, now just look after yourself and wait to see what happens in other cases,they will be found out,regards Streetwise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X