• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaim HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaim HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

Hundreds of thousands could reclaim collection charges added to their account (up to £5,000 in some cases) from HFC/HSBC - who also handled the accounts for John Lewis, Dixons, Currys, PC World, Furniture Village, Beneficial Finance, Marbles Credit Card etc. Please reply if you want more information...
    Tags: None

Re: HFC/HSBC

I'm game for the time being....what information will you post on a consumer forum that does not link to a no win no fee company?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am a whistleblowing activist and campaigner - I am not a CMC and am prepared to help people. I will give you a link to my website if you want......I can help however anyone wants - either through the forum or through my website - the admin know about me and are happy with this arrangement

Comment

Ketsudo, I have read your website as you posted it on another post. It's similar to a different one I have come across albeit on another bank. The initial post suggested that it might have been about CMC so that is why I answered in the manner I did. I have 8 years of forum experience so sometimes I can spot a spammer a mile away, thankfully, it's not yourself on this occasion.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Ketsudo,

Well I did warn you .

I think best starting point is to outline the facts of the situation. We have quite a few people across the forum who have previously been faced with HFC collection charges, myself included. Some managed to get them removed during the court process, but many many others will have paid them, either before a judgment via payment in full or instalment agreement, or be paying them through CCJ's. Their arguments for adding them are very weak and of course the OFT stopped them from doing it. So that is persuasive that people can reclaim their money but we need to spell out why, and the legal aspects behind it. Some will have these charges added in to CCJ's that are now charging orders on their homes, and often these are well over £1000. We also need to look fully at potential risks.

So that's a starting point
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, its ok though I can explain my motives. Regarding the charges I have recovered charges for people through the Ombudsman. Once HFC realise they don't stand a chance they pay up. But there really needs to be major exposure in the media, which is what I'm working on. I don't know if you realise I was head of debt recovery at Weightmans, who also acted for HFC and who I reported to the Law Society - these charges are something I have been fighting for 10 years! (some of the charges are over £5,000!)

Comment

But, having said that, as you know I am new to the forum and need to find my way about a bit. I'm determined to help people with my experience and knowledge. That is all....

Comment

Originally posted by ketsudo View Post
                But, having said that, as you know I am new to the forum and need to find my way about a bit. I'm determined to help people with my experience and knowledge. That is all....
                Your join date shows as March 2010... :noidea:

Comment

Yes, but if you look I haven't been very active. That's because I was blocked on Consumer Action Group because they thought I was a tout and I assumed I would have same problem here. I don't have the energy to keep trying to prove to people I'm not a tout. I was head of debt recovery at Weightmans, I told the bank what they were doing was illegal 10 years ago. I have been trying to help people since. I am about to get repossessed because I can't find work because I'm whistleblower.
                  I hope this answers your concerns.

Comment

Yes, but if you look I haven't been very active. That's because I was blocked on Consumer Action Group because they thought I was a tout and I assumed I would have same problem here. I don't have the energy to keep trying to prove to people I'm not a tout. I was head of debt recovery at Weightmans, I told the bank what they were doing was illegal 10 years ago. I have been trying to help people since. I am about to get repossessed because I can't find work because I'm whistleblower.
                    I hope this answers your concerns.
                    Yes, it certainly does. I think the problem is, when people first read your opening post, it does sound like a lightly velied CMC... Once you explain things the way you did above, it all becomes crystal clear. :thumb:

Sorry to hear your home is about to be repossessed. You may want to post a thread about that, there are people here who are quite clued up in that area. :yo:

I also used to work in the infamou$ $ector so I know what they're like. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

^^^I was once also mistaken for a tout, for the 'lovely' Rankines!!! :scared: :scared: Just because I posted a question about their infamous killer site 4 years ago, apparently they used to have 'agents' that went round doing exactly that!

Comment

Yes it is a problem. Trouble is the situation is very involved (fraud) and I want to direct people to my website to understand.
                      The Rankines have a lot to answer for - they started the whole CMC unenforceable agreements nonsense!
                      early stages of repossession but thanks for your comments.
                      If you want to see details admin have allowed me to post the link http://nicholaswilson.com

Comment

Yes it is a problem. Trouble is the situation is very involved (fraud) and I want to direct people to my website to understand.
                        The Rankines have a lot to answer for - they started the whole CMC unenforceable agreements nonsense!
                        If you want to see details admin have allowed me to post the link http://nicholaswilson.com
                        Indeed, but it was thanks to them that I found out that my debts could be unenforceable if the banks couldn't find the agreements, when I saw "Can't Pay Won't Pay" in 2008! :grin: :grin: :grin: When I was without work in 2009, I went to their 'killer' website and was about to 'sell my benefit' to them which is why I posted the question on another forum. Then I sent a CCA request to MBNA to send a copy of it to the 'lovely couple' for their appraisal, only MBNA wrote back saying they couldn't find it! Saved by the bell!

Comment

I see you have that blog hosted in the UK and under your own name! Have they not sent the dogs after you, threatened you with defamation, libel, hell and damnation? :confused2: I'm surprised they haven't contacted UK2Net to have it taken down!

Someone I know will be very pleased to see that blog, he was thinking of starting a much milder one, also about the infamou$ F $ector, but not quite up to that level!

It's good to see someone having the courage to them on! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Comment

I'm completely transparent. HSBC have been looking at my site almost daily for about 2 years. They can't sue me because it's all true. I can't get the media interested because HSBC just lie to journalists, as recorded, and journos run off scared...

Comment

Re: HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

You are kind of approaching it the wrong way, you put yourself across like a CMC tout, and we discussed it previously, if you discuss the issues, which are important and could help some people get back their money, and leave the self publicist and links at the door then you are more likely to get somewhere.

If the press want to run a story on an issue and want comments,input, case studies etc then we help JUST to HELP, not to gain publicity for LB, sometimes we get a mention, most of the time not, but our primary objective is to get the information out there for people who need it.

If you stop making it all about you and more about discussing the issues, the fact that these collection charges of sometimes thousands of pounds have been added to peoples defaulted accounts for years and that they have lied about their rights to do so, that numerous people have defended those charges in court and the judges have disallowed them being charged, that the OFT have got undertakings because they found them to be unfair penalties, and the thousands of people who have paid these in the past could possibly reclaim them............

Well, That would be better and you might find you get somewhere.

If you carrying making new threads with random comments and links to your site then it does end up in your being treated as a tout. I thought your input into a discussion on the issues and legal issues may be of interest but seriously I'm not fussed whether the boss of HFC has a jet thats just Daily Mail type crap and we don't need a thread on it, I am fussed in how people can start a reclaim to HFC / Restons / Weightmans / HSBC etc for the money they have been duped into paying them, how to remove that amount from CCJ's and charges over their homes, and how to gain redress again the unfair practices of these companies.

Up to you.

Now, I know in my case I complained about the charge and asked what it was for, they stated it was added by HFC under the terms of my agreement....but there was no term allowing them to do this in my agreement, and I defended that portion of the debt in court, and the collection charge was removed (about £1000).

DATE.........ITEM........ ..........VALUE
                              10/08/06 Default Balance .........£6058.41
                              10/08/06. Collection Charge........£1009.93
                              Post Refrl Cr ...........NIL

TOTAL: - £7068.34

Here's a bit of my defence (bear in mind this was back in 2006)
                              • The Collection charge is a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as it is contrary to common law.
                              • Further, as a disproportionate penalty, it is invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 Para 8. and sch.2(1)(e).
                              • In the event the Collection Charge is not a disproportionate penalty then it is unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.
                              • The Defendant has repeatedly asked the Claimant to give a breakdown of this charge in order to justify the amount but they have declined to do so.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 19th January 2014, 12:11:PM.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X