• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaim HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

Originally posted by ketsudo View Post
    Publicity is the ONLY way to reach potential claimants.
    What I'm saying is that a group action IS the publicity. You're not going to recruit potential claimants until there's a claim to sign up to.

Comment

Please - I've been dealing with this for 6 years, since I was sacked by Weightmans. After Leigh Day I spoke to every major law firm in London that does group actions. Yes, you go to court to get a GLO which then appoints you as lead solicitors and you can advertise that, but you need to have clients before you can go to court. The only way to get clients is through publicity. I did obtain a list of charging orders from the Land Registry and wrote to some people that way but as I've stated the Ministry of Justice would not let me have access to the Register of County Court judgments. If you know of any other way to contact potential claimants then please do let me know!

Comment

Re: Reclaim HFC / HSBC / Restons / Collection Charge

You couldn't want for better support or rapport than you will get on LegalBEAGLES

Comment

Well I hope so, just getting a rough ride at the moment!

Comment

Och! They're just having their fun. Everyone here means well, as you clearly do, too

Comment

Originally posted by ketsudo View Post
              Please - Yes, you go to court to get a GLO which then appoints you as lead solicitors and you can advertise that, but you need to have clients before you can go to court.
              (1) The court may make a GLO where there are or are likely to be a number of claims giving rise to the GLO issues.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...s/part19#19.10

Comment

Yes I do mean well. I was invited on here by Amethyst and hoping to work together with her to raise awareness of these charges and the potential to reclaim them. I estimate £750m was taken in illegal charges from 500,000 people.
                I've had a lot of hostility because people think I'm a tout - Amethyst has warned be about that, I don't really know how to avoid it. But I won't last for much longer if people are not a bit kinder :-(

Comment

Yes thank you again. Group actions are done on the basis of what were conditional fee agreements, you need clients signed up to CFAs so that your costs of making the application to court are covered. I think it is very doubtful any solicitors acting without upfront costs will apply for a GLO without any clients.

Comment

UPDATE: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...istorical-debt

Well done to Nicholas for persevering over the years xxxxxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        UPDATE: https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...istorical-debt

Well done to Nicholas for persevering over the years xxxxxx
                        Thank you! £4m is a joke, but it's a start. And thanks for your support

Comment

Hi, I have just received a letter from HSBC about HFC and Restons. However, as this was done over 6 years ago there is nothing I can do about it as I do not have any of the paperwork and Restons, of course, are unwilling to help.

Is this the case?

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi MMK13, I also received a similar letter from HSBC last week. In it they said that I needed the letter that Restons sent to me and consent to perform a search but I have no chance of finding the letter... I definitely know I received a letter from Restons but it was at least 10 years ago. Not sure if there's anything I can do?

Comment

Anyone know anything about this. My wife has received notice from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd that she is due a refund of 749,44 yet the negative balance on her account is only 97.44. They claim they purchased the debt from HSBC in 2008 but the debt was subject to a court case done by Weightmans which resulted in a Tomlin order to Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited s.a.r.l. in 2009. No payments have been made to Phoenix Recoveries all payments have been made to HSBC. Having looked at the alleged original agreement I can now see its made up of 2 different agreements as the page numbers do not tally. Just wonder what to do as we have never acknowledged Cabot as assignees even though they now say the debt was assigned in 2008 prior to the Tomlin order in 2009.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X