• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hey guys. Need some help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. Need some help.

Hi everyone, I will try to keep this concise.

Last October i was caught stealing alcohol (valued at £40). I started shoplifting to support my alcoholism that i am now thankfully over.
    I was stopped before leaving the store and asked to come with the security guard that stopped me.
    I did not resist in anyway and followed the guard to the security room where i was placed in a holding room.
    I handed over what i had taken and the goods were undamaged and suitable for resale.
    The staff took my details and called the police.
    The police arrived 10-15 minutes later, took my details and then arrested me and i was taken to the police station.
    I confessed i had taken the bottles to the staff and the police.
    I was given a warning by the police and released 1-2 hours later.

A few days later received a letter from Retail Loss prevention stating that i owed them £137 for what happened and if i didn't pay it would be £300.
    I did some investigating and found out the sort of company they are and concluded that i would ignore the letters.
    I just received the fourth or fifth letter and decided to get some advice on what to do.

This was supposed to be short... oh well.

Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Hey guys. Need some help.

From what I gather, reading on here, you are already doing the right thing by ignoring them, just keep doing that, as I always say it costs them money to send them, you can throw them away free.
    Cheers Brian

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X