• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ help

Hello,
    I was hoping someone can give me some advice.

I have recently checked my credit report and have a CCJ registered on there. All correspondents must have gone to my old address and i was not aware of it. I know its my responsibility to update address information to lenders so I know that's not going to help me. I know this CCJ originates from a current account I had with Lloyds bank which was opened in 2003, this account dived into the red over an agreed overdraft limit, however, the reason it went into the red is due to being hit very heavily with bank charges and it just seemed to keep growing and growing until they closed my account.

I now understand that bank charges where found to be unfair and that many people were reimbursed. Do you think I have any grounds to argue here. Also I would like to dispute the default date recorded on my credit report for this debt, I remember the default being a lot earlier than is stated on my report.

I have also noticed that the same debt appears 3 times on my report. It appears once as a CCJ. again as the original debt from Lloyds bank and then again from a separate agency (marlin finance). Can I get this changed?

Thank you for reading

Re: CCJ help

Originally posted by krisnekoff View Post
    Hello,
    I was hoping someone can give me some advice.

I have recently checked my credit report and have a CCJ registered on there. All correspondents must have gone to my old address and i was not aware of it. I know its my responsibility to update address information to lenders so I know that's not going to help me. I know this CCJ originates from a current account I had with Lloyds bank which was opened in 2003, this account dived into the red over an agreed overdraft limit, however, the reason it went into the red is due to being hit very heavily with bank charges and it just seemed to keep growing and growing until they closed my account.

I now understand that bank charges where found to be unfair and that many people were reimbursed. Do you think I have any grounds to argue here. Also I would like to dispute the default date recorded on my credit report for this debt, I remember the default being a lot earlier than is stated on my report.

I have also noticed that the same debt appears 3 times on my report. It appears once as a CCJ. again as the original debt from Lloyds bank and then again from a separate agency (marlin finance). Can I get this changed?
    Hi and welcome!

I'm sorry you didn't get any earlier replies.

If you have a CCJ because you did not receive the court papers, it may be possible to apply for set aside provided that:
    1. You can show the court that your creditor had your current address at the time the claim was issued and
    2. You can show you have a viable defence.

If so, you'll need to fill in an N244 and pay £80. The fee can be waived in certain circumstances. See this for reference: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...e_county_court

With regards to the default date, once you have a CCJ, the date of judgment would replace the original default date.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X