• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ppi /Iva

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppi /Iva

Hi hope so,e one can give little advice , hubby had a Iva of 44 grand , it was fully paid in 2009 and certificate was issues and totally completed

now in 2014 can my huband claim ppi from this debt and have no dramas from his old Iva thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Ppi /Iva

Has the IP claimed the PPI already ?

It is unlikely if you did try and claim it that you would receive anything because even after completion of IVA anything repaid should be paid to your IP for distribution among all of your prior creditors.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was competed 2009 and certificate of prove have had since ,,, so the debt is classed paid in full ,,, hubby serveing 17 years army up to pre company's know he gets full benifits from the army he took ill he gets full salary up to 2 years he tok I'll then I think 90 percent pay. And all company know this but still sells ppi to the forces guys

Comment

Was competed 2009 and certificate of prove have had since ,,, so the debt is classed paid in full ,,, hubby serveing 17 years army up to pre company's know he gets full benifits from the army he took ill he gets full salary up to 2 years he tok I'll then I think 90 percent pay. And all company know this but still sells ppi to the forces guys his iva ex completed and certifate was given well before ppi claims came out no iva company never written to him since 2009 to claim ppi so far I aware debt is completed etc and been delt with in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Has the IP claimed the PPI already ?

It is unlikely if you did try and claim it that you would receive anything because even after completion of IVA anything repaid should be paid to your IP for distribution among all of your prior creditors.
          My understanding of IVA's is that any sizeable acquisitions of cash (or 'windfalls') during the course of an IVA should be declared to the IP for possible sharing among the creditors. However, after the IVA has been completed and the creditors have all agreed, then the IP will register the debt as fully discharged. The creditors will then no longer have any further claim - and the subject(s) of the IVA will have no further liabilities in respect of the debts settled by it. I have personally assisted at least two people with completed Trust Deeds (the Scottish equivalent of IVA's), who have successfully reclaimed their PPI. It may be necessary to give some lenders details of the IVA and the IP so that they can verify that the IVA is completed - either by directly contacting the IP, or by checking the Insolvency Register.

Comment

So if you have the cerificate which was issued 2009 it's totally completed and any win fall you get now will not be given to the iva , my husband completed 2009 and all creditors were happy completed , I told him to go get ppi as he in the army and all the loancompany know this , and know army get full salary even on sick etc thanks

Comment

Also can I ask in 2006 I took a daft loan out from welcome 10400 pounds I only just found out that there went to default by fscs , I decided to ring them last week to see we're I stand on claiming ppi there confirmed there contacted me in 2012 but I moved year before to married quaters there sending me forms to my new home there co rimed I did have ppi of 1400 on it what are chances getting it back ( loan was paid in full 2010 ) clueless about stuff like this lol

Comment

Looking at. The certifate it says

in accordance with rules 5 34 I now give notice that the arrangement Is now completed and the debtor is relised from all liabitors to the creditors ,,,,,,

to my understanding the iva is competed and no money is owed to the creditors am I right .?

Comment

Sorry ment. Liabilities

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy22 View Post
                    So if you have the cerificate which was issued 2009 it's totally completed and any win fall you get now will not be given to the iva , my husband completed 2009 and all creditors were happy completed , I told him to go get ppi as he in the army and all the loancompany know this , and know army get full salary even on sick etc thanks
                    That is exactly my understanding of it, Stacy, and I have a similar certificate myself. I would advise you to make sure you have a good copy of it on your computer, so you can send it to anyone who wants confirmation of the discharge. Never send the original - and keep this safe.
                    Looking at. The certifate it says

in accordance with rules 5 34 I now give notice that the arrangement Is now completed and the debtor is relised from all liabitors to the creditors ,,,,,,

to my understanding the iva is competed and no money is owed to the creditors am I right .?
                    Although I have no wish to publicly disagree with a LB Site Owner, I must say that I sincerely believe that you are indeed "Released from all liabilities to the creditors," Stacy. But please await Amethyst's response before accepting my own personal opinion, as I may very well be mistaken, and will be happy to accept her experienced opinion.
                    Also can I ask in 2006 I took a daft loan out from welcome 10400 pounds I only just found out that there went to default by fscs , I decided to ring them last week to see we're I stand on claiming ppi there confirmed there contacted me in 2012 but I moved year before to married quaters there sending me forms to my new home there co rimed I did have ppi of 1400 on it what are chances getting it back ( loan was paid in full 2010 ) clueless about stuff like this lol
                    That is best answered by the PPI experts here, but from my limited experience of PPI - you have nothing to lose by making a claim. Go for it !!!

I think if your husband was in the Army when he (or both of you) applied for the loan, then the PPI was clearly mis-sold, and you have every chance of reclaiming it. Hopefully, someone here will be able to confirm this for you.
                    Sorry ment. Liabilities
                    Got that !!!

Comment

Thanks summited forms for hubby ppi hope good out come ,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X