• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aktiv Kapital - back to OC now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aktiv Kapital - back to OC now?

Hello

This is my first post, so I'll take the opportunity to thank you for taking your time to read this.

I've been lurking for a while and have decided to sign up in response to a recent letter from Aktiv.

Back in June 2013 I wrote to Aktiv Kaptial asking for my CCA and Deed of Assignment within prescribed time limits as per section 77. They wrote back to me in December 2013 with copies of my credit card statements (account opened online in 2009) and what they say is my CCA; there was no mention of deeds. The CCA they supplied is a bad photocopy that is barely legible and in fact isn't readable at all in places. This document doesn't bare any signatures but does have a box ticked next to the word 'signature' and is dated in print.

I'm wondering what should be my next move as I understand they have defaulted on my request by not responding with 12 days. I'm also wondering what to make of the CCA they supplied. If it helps I can upload an image of it, but I doubt anyone will be able to read it.
    Tags: None

Re: Aktiv Kapital - back to OC now?

Originally posted by whitlander View Post
    Hello

This is my first post, so I'll take the opportunity to thank you for taking your time to read this.

I've been lurking for a while and have decided to sign up in response to a recent letter from Aktiv.

Back in June 2013 I wrote to Aktiv Kaptial asking for my CCA and Deed of Assignment within prescribed time limits as per section 77. They wrote back to me in December 2013 with copies of my credit card statements (account opened online in 2009) and what they say is my CCA; there was no mention of deeds. The CCA they supplied is a bad photocopy that is barely legible and in fact isn't readable at all in places. This document doesn't bare any signatures but does have a box ticked next to the word 'signature' and is dated in print.

I'm wondering what should be my next move as I understand they have defaulted on my request by not responding with 12 days. I'm also wondering what to make of the CCA they supplied. If it helps I can upload an image of it, but I doubt anyone will be able to read it.
    Welcome to LB

You could argue about the legibility of the document supplied and, frankly, given the dates you provide above, I'm surprised it should be of such poor quality. One thing you should be aware of is that, for online applications from January 2005 onwards, a tick box fulfills the role of a signature. Before that date the creditor should still have sent an agreement to be signed, but after that time the Consumer Credit Act (Electronic Communications Order) 2004 allows online applications with just a tick box agreeing to the terms to be as valid as signed agreements.

Comment

Thank you FlamingParrot, I really appreciate your help. Am I right to say that, because they missed the 12 day window that they can't enforce the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by whitlander View Post
        Thank you FlamingParrot, I really appreciate your help. Am I right to say that, because they missed the 12 day window that they can't enforce the debt?
        They can't enforce it as long as they are in default, however, once they produce they documents, it all depends on what those documents are like, in other words, unenforceability due to non compliance with a CCA request can be remedied at any time by complying with the request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X