• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Southern energy court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern energy court claim

I have been with southern energy for 2 years and it is on a pay monthly plan i haven't been able to pay the bills and its in arrears £1000 they sent a letter saying they're going to court 11th Feb at 9.30 for a warrant? I have discussed with them a prepay metre but they cannot fit one in my flat as i don't have a metre reading in my place its in next doors house so if they put a prepaid one in i'd have to have access to their property. Just wondering how i go about it? I am going to the court to see what i can do any advice?
    Tags: None

Re: Southern energy court claim

Hi and welcome, forgive me but are you saying that you share your meter with the house next door?
    If so how can they possibly get the correct readings for you usage?

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Enaid

Comment

Theres 2 metres but my metre is located in someone elses property

Comment

Originally posted by Froot View Post
          Theres 2 metres but my metre is located in someone elses property

So your meter is next door? Have you checked that your readings are correct and that you are definately this much behind with your payments?

Comment

I'm not sure of the reading but i know i'm definitlely that much behind but they want to install a prepaid metre which is impossible because that would mean knocking on next doors door everytime i want to put the key in so i don't know why they are taking me to court when they know this they have come to check themselfs and said they couldn't do it.

Comment

OK this from their web site

• We may take your case to court to obtain a warrant to enter your home. Costs that we incur will be added to your account. We may fit a pay as you go meter which will take a weekly amount to repay your debt. Or in certain situations we could cut off your supply.

So that seems to be the reason to take you to court, to enter your property and stick in a prepay meter, do you have it in writing they can not or will not do this?

Then they state
              If we fit a pay as you go meter, we’ll make sure it’s suitable, checking that you have easy access to it. And we will never knowingly disconnect the supply of a vulnerable person.

Comment

They have entered my home though and said i'd have to set up a payment plan cos its not possible to fit a prepaid metre in my home i don't have it in writing but i've never denied them access to my home they have only come over once! They can come whenever they want. I have 2 children living in the property too. That is nothing to do with balifs is it?

Comment

Well I can only imagine they are getting permission to enter and cut you off, I hope someone else can come and give you a better reply
                  Enaid x

Comment

Just an update
                    I've spoken to Southern energy and they have agreed a payment plan with me so it's not longer going to court which is a good. But they sent the same warrant letter to my neighbour now she knows my business surely that is not allowed?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X