• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unused bank account..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused bank account..

Wonder if anyone can help me with this one..

I opened a current account with Northern Rock about 10yrs ago but have never used it..

The account is still open as I receive statements from them..

When I took LTSB to court over bank charges they closed my account..

Yesterday I went to NR and paid a cheque into the unused account, they took it and I had to fill in a 'signature verification' form as the account had no transactions on it for so long..

What I want to know is, will they do a credit check as I don't think I'd scrape through one..

I know NR isn't the best prospect at the mo but any port in a storm..

Thanks in advance..

Re: Unused bank account..

THe answer is NO, they are simply updating their records. In the historic past signature was always held in the branch but with computerisation, the case is that signature are not always transferred onto computerised records on file so updating bank records are essential.

Comment

Thats a relief then..

I also had to request new cards, PINs etc..

I was told these would come from head office..

This doesn't change things does it?

Comment

Nope, they cards are ordered centrally and sent out to you so saying Head Office is maybe their jargon for that.

Comment

Cheers for the good info Nattie.. Got debit cards etc today :okay:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X