• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute Barred? I'm confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statute Barred? I'm confused

It contains a link to its meaning, for those who cannot recall the motto from school.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It contains a link to its meaning, for those who cannot recall the motto from school.
      Ha ha just had to google it,,, so I guess what your saying is to "just ignore it " x

Comment

CC I only remember one motto from school started with one f and second work ended with 2 off them

Comment

Hi guys
          i might be jumping the gun here but my husband has had a letter attempted delivery today, I was not in but it needs to be signed for, is this libel to be from Lowell's again, do they normally send letters recorded delivery?
          im saying it's from them as we are not expecting anything else and we will have to wait until Saturday to collect it as he is at work whilst the post office is open,

thanks in advance x

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Temple View Post
            do they normally send letters recorded delivery?
            No, they don't. Bowells are known for playing at Silly Buggers...

Do you own your home or do you rent?

Comment

No, they don't. Bowells are known for playing at Silly Buggers...

Do you own your home or do you rent?
              We rent?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Temple View Post
                We rent?
                Oh, good.

Then it's not likely to be Bowells sending a Statutory Demand and threatening bankruptcy.

Perhaps your husband has won on the Premium Bonds?

Comment

Oh, good.

Then it's not likely to be Bowells sending a Statutory Demand and threatening bankruptcy.

Perhaps your husband has won on the Premium Bonds?
                  lol we ain't that lucky,
                  Is there anything they can do, as this debt is from 2004 and we have not been in touch with anyone,paid anything since 2004, I've done a check on the address where he was living at the time and there is no CCJ on him at that address,

Just so I can put my mind at rest, also if this letter is from them should I send a statute barred letter to them?

Comment

Wait and see what the letter is and from whom it was sent.

Comment

I agree with cloggy.

Lowells own a couple of my debts as do Arrow and Cabot. I have only state benefits to live on so no disposable income and no assets . It would be pretty pointless them in issuing either a claim for a CCJ where it would take years to get the money back just for the fees or to issue a SD when I have no excess income.

I have to be honest as well, the allowable income within the common financial statement is reasonable generous particularly on things like food. Remeber that any money the OR takes has to be divided pro rata between all creditors and may be for as little as 6 months but usually I believe 1-2 years

Comment

Hi guys,
                        Following on from this thread, I've just received a letter from a company called Red debt collection services saying that Lowell's portfolio 1 have passed the account onto them and we need to make payment now,
                        We know this debt is statute barred,

Any advice would be grateful x

Comment

Red Debt Collection is just another department - or the next desk along - at Bowells.

Another of their "brands" is Hamptons Legal, which proves that they are unfamiliar with rhyming slang. (link) :rofl:

Comment

Red Debt Collection is just another department - or the next desk along - at Bowells.

Another of their "brands" is Hamptons Legal, which proves that they are unfamiliar with rhyming slang. (link) :rofl:
                            Maybe they are familiar as I think they are a load of (insert suitable word)

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                              (insert suitable word)
                              Onanists? :nerd:

Comment

Not what I was thinking but definitely the 1st one. There is a new greeting for my letters
                                Dear Onanists

By the time they work out what I am saying my debts will be SB
                                Not that I am saying they make two short planks look clever or anything

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X