• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance credit agreement date altered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome finance credit agreement date altered

hey everyone hello and happy new year. im new to this sort of thing only have a limited knowledge on how it all works but here it goes.

I sar welcome finance back in 2010 and received my dubious copy of my agreement but the dates on which I signed it on in 2007had been altered. I then contacted cab who sent them a strong letter about the concerns I had on my agreement as they had been altered and as it was a secured loan I checked the land registry and that came back as progressive financial services dated 6 may 2006. I have just checked online and it still remains on there as progressive yet welcome keep ringing me at least 3 times a day threating that is I don't settle my arrears that my home could be reposssed as it is secured with them. surely they don't have a charge on my property as it is still progressive and not welcome. is this classed as unenforceable not to mention the alteration on my agreement. !!!

assistance would be very welcome, excuse the pun

Re: welcome finance credit agreement date altered

I think at one point Welcome and Progressive Finance were one and the same.
    My CAB have told me that ours is unenforceable due to errors in agreements, plus when we moved they failed to register with the land registry.
    It will be six years soon since I last paid them.
    They have tried getting two DCA involved but had nothing since August last year.
    Stay strong, you can write requesting that they only contact you in writing, think there is a template on site somewhere.
    Hopefully some one with more knowledge will be along as well.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Progessive and Welcome are the same company . There was a name change a few years ago .

Comment

Morning guys,
        thanks Dogtired & Seduraed for your posts sorry for the late reply just been busy. I have an interesting twist to this. as I stated in my last post that the cab sent a strongly worded letter to welcome explaining the alterations on my paperwork and complete false signatures on our land charge paperwork, the letter cab sent was dated 9 july 2010. I have done some more digging and checked my credit file and have just found out that on the 14th july 2010 5 days after welcome receiving the letter my credit file was updated by them ! this I the best bit it states SETTLED 0 BALANCE. what does this mean and is it one of welcomes little stunts. they last updated my file on 10/11/2010 ive confirmed with the credit agency and they said as far they are concerned this is a settled debt no balance owing !!!! im confused because we never received any confirmation from welcome and since 14th july 2010 I have still been paying them I really don't know what to make of this !!!

regards

onlyi
        Last edited by onlyicanchangethings; 4th January 2014, 15:41:PM.

Comment

Thats ok onlyi!
          We all help one another here.
          Another question, it may be worth finding out if Welscum added ppi,

Comment

Morning Dogtried,

yes they have added ppi to the loan and I have been looking at my annual statement from welcome and noticed a thing called capitalization which is always more than the monthly payment so it never appears that your balance is reduced. what are your thoughts on the last post regards my credit file being updated to 0 balance 5 days after the letter why would they just wright off 20k. they keep ringing me still which I just ignore. I have still been paying they since 2010 and am now wondering could I persue them for the money that has been paid if they have deemed the loan unenforceable !!

Ive got so many questions, but don't want to speak to welscum directly. any help would be very much appreciated..

regards

onlyi

Comment

Think it is Welcomes version of interest.
              You do know they no longer trade don't you?
              Depending on the original date of you agreement it is very likely to be unenforceable, however don't ignore things, Write to them again (include the bit about harassment and phone calls), may be worth a CCA ( £1.00 send postal order and recorded delivary they are then supposed to supply copies of agreement and terms and conditions)
              They tried to claim ours is a secured loan which means, if they cannot "prove it" we have another five years to go before it is statute barred.
              Unsecured are different six in UK five in Scotlnd (as I understand it)
              From the threads I have read they seem to treat each of us in a different manner, its hard but I have learnt what I know through LB and our very good local CAB.
              Please treat my advise with caution, check other threads and the templates here for your responce.
              Last edited by dogtired; 5th January 2014, 17:44:PM. Reason: spelling, adding content

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X