• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP(Claimant)didn't comply to court order - CASE STUCK OUT :) !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP(Claimant)didn't comply to court order but I got to do supp defense. How?

Is that in response to the claimant though ?

M1

Comment

Re: MKDP(Claimant)didn't comply to court order but I got to do supp defense. How?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Is the application you want to make for a strike out?
      I think because I said in my supplementary defence that the court should strike out thecase due totheir non-compliance hence why I was sent this form.

Was there any consequences on the order you had?
      Sorry Amethyst but which order are we talking about? I think there is only 1 which is the one where they need to give me all documents. I don't think there is any consequence for non-compliance on that one but need to check.

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Is that in response to the claimant though ?
      The claimant has not submitted anything.

Comment

Okay, need to see the letter you had from the Judge but sounds like the claimants didn't comply with the order, you did, and mentioned striking them out, so he's sent you form to apply for strike out.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst. Will scan that letter from judge and the form & put it up here as soon as I got home.

Comment

This is the supplementary defense I submitted to court on 2nd january 2014

Letter from court dated 20th January:

And its a N244 form they sent me

so am wondering whether tonight I should :

1) prepare a witness statement OR
            2) Fill in N244

to be given at the trial at 11 tomorrow

Anything else I need to prepare in case I got ambush (if that is the appropriate word to use!)

Thanks
            Zhan

Comment

Nothing much of relevance there.

It's the order you refer to in post 4 which we need to see. I.E> the one that directs you to attend tomorrow.

M1

Comment

Hi
                manage to scan this.

Comment

Do you know if the hearing fee has been paid ?

M1

Comment

As i was at work today and don't have this notice with me I didn't ask about the fee. I only asked if the claimant has submitted anything and they said no. I should have asked really otherwise might not have to take emergency leave for tomorrow.

Comment

Who signed the pocs ?

M1

Comment

Comment

That's a pity.

Back later.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            That's a pity.
                            Ohh..no... That does not sound goodray:

Comment

lol, bit mean to leave you hanging like that

Did you ask them if the hearing was going ahead tomorrow ? (otherwise give them a call in the morning and check before taking a day of leave)

From the order it does sound like the witness statements are only necessary if the first bit of the order was complied with, It does seem a bit mean of the court to make you pay for an application to strike out the claim, I guess if they did it of their own volition it would just be stayed.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Did you ask them if the hearing was going ahead tomorrow ?
                                Yes I did when I rang them whilst at work to confirm that it is tomorrow and the guy on the phone said yes its tomorrow at 11 am and that I should be there.

What do you think? What shall I do now? Should I do a witness statement now or should I fill in this N244 and pay £80 tomorrow? Will I get this £80 back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X