• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help needed claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help needed claim form

some background
    poc
    The claimant claims xxxxx for debt and interest.
    On 20/01/2002 the defendant enterd into an agreement for a credit card with bank of scotland plc under ref xxxxxx.
    On 01/02/2010 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of xxx.
    O20/06/2012 the debt of xxxx was assighned to 1st credit(finance) 5 ltd.
    On19/11/2012 the company changed its name to cai finance ltd and on 01/04/2013 assighned the debt to 1st credit(finance) ltd
    notices of assighnment were sent to the defendant in accordance with s.136 law of property act 1925
    and the claimant claims
    1 the sum of xxxx
    2statutory interest of 5000 pursuant to s.69 county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from 30/08/2012 to 20/11/2013 and therafter at a daily rate of 1.06 untill judgment or sooner payment.

basicaly i took out a credit card in 2002 and wasnt able to keep up payments i payed most of the debt but this is all mostly ppi and late fees which i want to reclaim

i sent a cca and cpr31 12 days ago have not heard back about the cpr or the cca the claim foprm has a printed signature.

i have read lots but hust confused as to what to do next ask for a extension or go with embarrest defence
    Tags: None

Re: urgent help needed claim form

Hi and to LegalBeagles............it's a tad early yet but I'm sure someone who can help you will pop along

Comment

Re: urgent help needed claim form

Originally posted by moses123 View Post
      i sent a cca and cpr31 12 days ago have not heard back about the cpr or the cca
      Did you use Recorded Delivery, Special Delivery or just obtain a free Certificate of Posting?

Have you acknowledged receipt of the claim form?

i have read lots but hust confused as to what to do next ask for a extension
      Yes.

or go with embarrest defence
      In my opinion, no, as that could be as good as telling the court that you have no real defence but you'd like to quibble nevertheless.

Your best defence, in my (non-expert) opinion is the claimant's failure to comply with your s.78(1) request, as s.78(6) should prevent them getting judgement in their favour until/unless they do comply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X