• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC - A little overdrawn, 3 bank charges then default!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC - A little overdrawn, 3 bank charges then default!

You could try writing to the CEO sometimes miracles happen?

From what I have read on here Banks rarely perform miracles if they think they are right

Comment

Looks like that'll be my only option then

Comment

So just quickly can anyone confirm if under ICO guidelines can default sums comprise of mainly charges? Like 2110% increase on original amount owed?

Comment

Originally posted by ctid1987 View Post
          Have you ever heard of a goodwill gesture if I pay the full amount of them deleting it from my CRA file? Maybe if I send my sob story to MR CEO?
          Not normally, no, it's not impossible, just doesn't happen over 99% of the time. I know some cases where default removal has been agreed through negotiation with a DCA but only in very special circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ctid1987 View Post
            So just quickly can anyone confirm if under ICO guidelines can default sums comprise of mainly charges? Like 2110% increase on original amount owed?
            There is no reason why legitimate default charges cannot make up part of a default balance either on the record or on a demand, if they were unlawful they could be challenged and then if shown to be wrongly applied the default balance would have to be altered, but from the sound of it they are the variety that were judged to be legitimate.

Why would you think that they could not be recorded ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X