• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ATM sols / Grassroots Financial / Temple / Legal Ness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello everyone - Grassroots Financial

Hi everyone,
    Is this true about fca on grassroots,grf etc?
    We had our solicitor working for us since I last posted and all seemed quiet from grf until yesterday when we received a letter from grf and legal ness, their solicitors also working from their universal square offices in Manchester asking for payment again for unenforceability.
    Do we contact our solicitor again or hold off?

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo1 View Post
      Hi everyone,
      Is this true about fca on grassroots,grf etc?
      We had our solicitor working for us since I last posted and all seemed quiet from grf until yesterday when we received a letter from grf and legal ness, their solicitors also working from their universal square offices in Manchester asking for payment again for unenforceability.
      Do we contact our solicitor again or hold off?
      Would you be able to post up a copy of the letter you received? (redact any personal details or if that's tricky email me admin@legalbeagles.info )

I'm going to have a look at your older posts see what your position is.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhh yes, ouchy

Originally Posted by Jojo1
        Yes, an agent from Grassroots and ATM solicitors "congratulated" us and told us to "cease" all payments to the credit card companies, which we did, and in which case the debts then spiralled out of control, hence why we are now in a DAS.

I'd really like a look at the letter you have received.

Have you read the 'requirements' ''voluntarily'' agreed by Grassroots and the FCA ?

Also not sure it's a typo or not, what is '' legal ness, ''
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have emailed you information on the letter that was sent from Legal Ness the company that has been assigned the rights of the contract.

Comment

LEGAL NESS LIMITED
            Registered Address: Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester, M12 6JH

Director is Nathan James Breeze
            Short name Nathan Breeze
            Year of Birth: 1980
            Director ID: 915426940

Same old story.

MOJ licence ?? No - reported
            SRA ? lol as if - NO
            CCL ? - NO

Website

Legal Ness Limited
            www.legalness.co.uk
            www.legalness.co.uk is currently under construction and will be live soon. Please bookmark the site and return later.

Ahh well, here's the other companies he's ended up as director of;

MEDIATION EXCHANGE LIMITED Non trading Director 21/09/2010 - -
            LEGAL NESS LIMITED Non trading Director 21/09/2010 - -
            ARBITRATION EXCHANGE LIMITED Non trading Director 21/09/2010 - -
            WILLS WEB DEALS LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 14/12/2009 - 07/2012
            SMALL CLAIMS ADVICE BUREAU LIMITED Non trading Director 26/04/2011 - -
            DESAP LIMITED Active - Newly Incorporated Director 05/12/2012 18/09/2013 -
            Last edited by Amethyst; 6th July 2014, 22:28:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So basically Legal Ness Ltd are acting as debt collectors for ex Cartel / Grassroots Financial etc UCCA clients ?

So it is basically collecting on invoices from a business - so don't need a CCL (FCA auth) ? as it wasn't 'consumer credit' as such, just an outstanding invoice.
              Don't need MOJ authorisation as not running claims, just collecting debts.

NATHAN BREEZE
              Registered Address: 10 Hockerley Lane, Whaley Bridge, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK23 7AT

Registrant:
              LEGAL NESS LIMITED

Trading as:
              LEGALNESS

Registrant type:
              UK Limited Company, (Company number: 7383178)

Registrant's address:
              10 HOCKERLEY LANE
              WHALEY BRIDGE
              HIGH PEAK
              DERBYSHIRE
              SK23 7AT
              United Kingdom
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Looks that way! Just feel after paying legal fees to our solicitor and having not heard from GRF in a while that we're back to the drawing board with these shisters again!!

Comment

Do you know what your solicitor actually did with regards this debt ?

Did he check through the contract terms etc ?

(btw Temple & Co are the same bunch of people as well - Eric Fairweather - director of GrassRoots - and Legal Ness are NOT solicitors)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

We passed all paperwork re grassroots and so called solicitors paperwork to our solicitor and basically told us it was all certainly very cloak n dagger.
                    So do Legal Ness have rights to pursue this debt?

Comment

Legally, possibly.

Morally, No.

If you're having trouble scanning it, could you type out the text for me pls. Who's it signed by, does it have any SRA numbers / claim to be or infer that they are solicitors ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just bringing this forwards on the thread

''We paid them just over £900 upfront on one of the credit cards and they say we owe them £5600 for making both credit cards unenforceable.''

'' an agent from Grassroots and ATM solicitors "congratulated" us and told us to "cease" all payments to the credit card companies, which we did, and in which case the debts then spiralled out of control,''

The two credit cards they pronounced as unenforceable are now being dealt with through a Debt Arrangement Scheme.

I don't think you need worry, lets get this letter you have received and we'll help you with a response to get shot of the buggers.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: ATM sols / Grassroots Financial / Temple / Legal Ness

Thankyou ..I shall have that letter for you today!

Comment

Got it Thank you.

Two letters - both exactly the same barring the amount claimed as owing, so have redacted one and attached it.

Attached Files
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Do you have copies of the original contract or did that go to your solicitor?

Did your solicitor ask you to send off CCA Request letters (with £1 in each) for copies of the credit card agreements in each of those debts (to the original creditors) ?

I'm thinking that the 'work' done for you by GRF / ATM was incomplete in that their declaration of enforceability actually is totally meaningless, only a court could deem an agreement unenforceable, but need to check the actual contract terms (and possibly their letter notifying you to stop payments on the debts if you had one?) to see what they professed to be offering for their 'service'.

I'll see if I can find a contract from the right period. Did you originally sign up with GRF or Cartel ? (ie who did you pay the £900 to ?)

( Don't reply to those letters yet ok)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

ahh sooooo if the service is not complete then they are well buggered. And on many of the GRF cases they will have relied on s78 breaches which we all know can be remedied, sooooo there may be an argument to say they haven't complied with the contractual obligations so aren't entitled to payment
                                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X