• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Egg loan with PPI, letter threatening legal action form Wilkin Chapman Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Egg loan with PPI, letter threatening legal action form Wilkin Chapman Solicitors

Hi there, after some advice please. I defaulted on an Egg loan years ago after getting into serious financial difficulties, had heard nothing from Egg or DCA's for at least 3 years and then Brittanica recoveries sent me a letter in June 13, I CCA'd them and after months sent me an agreement (attached). I wrote back to say that there were no terms and conditions and that PPI had to be shown separately (read that somewhere on here)

Thing is this debt dropped off my credit file some months ago, so my theory was that it is now statute barred, I have never acknowledged this debt.

I then got a letter form Wilkin Chapman Solicitors acting on behalf of Britannica asking for my repayment proposals. I stated that the debt was SB and they said the last payment made was 14th December 2008, I asked for proof of this but they have not been able to provide it, but they have sent me a copy of the CCA - same one Britanica sent me.

I read somewhere on here that if the agreement has the PPI and amount of credit lumped together then the agreement would be unenforceable?? Is that right?? Can someone please advise

Im just wondering how to respond to Wilkin chapmans latest letter, do I go down the unenforceable route or the Statute barred route. I don't want to reclaim the PPI because that would be acknowledging the debt wouldn't it? As it dropped off my credit file I don't know when I made the last payment, but the agreement was made in 2004 after they sent me a letter telling me I had been pre-approved for a loan. Do I claim that its statute barred unless they can provide proof it isn't?

They want me to respond within 7 days. Any advice on how to respond would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th December 2013, 08:31:AM. Reason: removed links
    Tags: None

Re: Old Egg loan with PPI, letter threatening legal action form Wilkin Chapman Solici

bump

Comment

Re: Old Egg loan with PPI, letter threatening legal action form Wilkin Chapman Solici

The PPI is shown separately.

£10k loan and £3649.34 PPI premium over 84 months at 6.73%.

Have you done a formal CCA request ?

If so did you get some additional pages showing the terms and conditions applicable to the loan ?

How much is the outstanding debt ?

With regards to Stat Barred - that it has dropped off your credit file just means you defaulted on the agreement over 6 years ago, you may have made payments/acknowledged the debt after that time, without having statements/transaction lists of the loan account and your bank account from the time, it's hard to evidence whether there were further payments.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi there, sorry for not replying sooner. Been backwards and forwards with them trying to get details of the payment made in 08 as I don't believe I paid anything since 2007.

No I didn't get any T & C's, just a copy of the agreement. The os debt is nearly £7k. Do you think this agreement looks enforceable? Its just strange that no one has chased this for years and all of a sudden a flurry of letters from Arrow Global/Brittanica/Wilkin Chapman.

The most recent letter received from them is offering me a 25% settlement, so was wondering do they also think they are on a sticky wicket?!!

Comment

If you haven’t already done so, write to the solicitor telling them that you have had no contact by an Arrow Global/Brittanica and therefore have no idea of what they are representing. I did this with them in a couple of accounts and I think because they haven’t followed the cca they have disappeared into the background for the last 6 months not heard a thing from them?

Comment

See above. Definitely the course of action to take. Hope you did!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X