• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN

Hello all.
    Might I start in saying what a useful and informative site this is, and with lots of experienced advisers i'm filled with confidence.

Unfortunately my wife was stung with a PCN on the 9/12/13. Which financially couldnt have come at a worse time. But im sure there are many people in the same boat as me, struggling to keep their head above water. The PCN came to myself and im acting on her behalf although i did make parking eye aware she was the driver, as I was a work on the day the charge was levied.

The site is in lancashire, Leyland, and is a free car park with a cap of 2hrs no return in 1hr.
    My wife was shopping at various retail outlets but only has physical proof of shopping at one, B&M bargains. The proof is in the form of a bank statement. She only out stayed her welcome by a mere 13 minutes and for that she has incurred a £100 charge reduced to £60 is she pays before the 23/12/13.

When the PCN came through the door i thought WTF thats extortion and was then relieved when a little research revealed parking eye to be a private company and not the council or police. Although at the time i was still inclined to pay the fine the more ive read ive gained confidence in appealing it.

Im 31 and not particularly well educated and have no prior experience at all in these matters or with courts for that matter. A complete novice, I do feel rather intimidated by the whole thing. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right!

There are a few unique details that I believe strengthen my case.
    1. she was actually shopping and using the car park correctly
    2. she only over ran by 13min (the cameras only capture entry and exit, my point is that she may well not have been actually parked stationary for 2hrs)
    3. The picture of the car entering the carpark is almost completely blacked out and only shows the reg plate (shows a clear fault with the camera)

On Saturday my wife went into B&M bargains and asking if they could drop the parking charge but they said there was nothing they could do but that parking eye are reasonable if you show you'd been shopping (not everyones experience i know).
    Today i delivered my appeal to parking eye HQ near chorley which oddly is only 2 miles away from my home. I also emailed them my appeal.

Ive attached my letter to PE, a pic of the signs with the small (tiny) print, and a copy of the PCN.

Id really appreciate an experienced member to give there opinion on the pictures and also a comment on points listed above. Really looking for some guidence, encouragment and support where necessary.

Many thanks
    Stephen
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN

Nice to see someone who has studied and done it themselves. No advice needed here yet.

Let us know if they decline and give you a popla code :thumb:

M1

Comment

Thankyou for your support,
      I read this on parking cow boys

"Parking charges are issued either as a breach of contract (damages) or as a contractually-agreed sum,"

how do you know the difference between the two.
      To me a layman they both seem to apply :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Many thanks
      Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
        Thankyou for your support,
        I read this on parking cow boys

"Parking charges are issued either as a breach of contract (damages) or as a contractually-agreed sum,"

how do you know the difference between the two.
        To me a layman they both seem to apply :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Many thanks
        Stephen

Really only matters for a court claim. They like to be evasive on these issues so they can take the argument that suits them as discussions develops !

At popla as i showed you that doesn't matter as they're screwed with genuine pre estimate of loss. http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...after-189.html

M1

Comment

Hello, just thought id update this thread. This morning I recieved two letters from PE. The first said they were reviewing my case and the second said the charge has been cancelled. So Id like to thank the members of this site for the help they have given me both directly and though my reading of other threads. Good luck to all who were'nt as luck as me and all the best.
          stephen

Comment

Good job :thumb:

Keep the letter for a while, just in case.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X