• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal/Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal/Lowell Portfolio

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me with this.

I have received a court claim form from the above and will need to respond.

The debt has now accumulated interest and with costs is £3838.39

I had some notification some months ago which said they had checked my credit file and felt I could pay this (well if I could have I would have)

Then a further letter dated 11.11.13 asking for £2721.79

There are a few things that I would like to know if possible.

When the account was taken out it was in the name of Mrs D S xxxxx

The account is years and years old and was taken out over the phone from memory.

I disputed this with the company when they started harassing me as my initials are B S, since Lowell have got hold of it they have changed the name on the account to my first Christian name only.

When I asked Lowell for sight of the original credit agreement they didn't provide it and it seemed to die a death but it has reared its head now.

Whilst I appreciate I owe the catalogue company (now Lowell) money surely they should be chasing me under the name on the agreement and not my name.

Sorry if this all seems a bit vague but any tips here will help. Obviously getting a CCJ isn't ideal at any time, but if there is no other way to defend it (other than paying it) then I will submit an income and expenditure and return the forms to the Court.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JW
    Tags: None

Re: BW Legal/Lowell Portfolio

Well the date is crucial. Pre 2005 and you'll have a defence.

Acknowledge service online. This extends the 5 day service and 14 days to acknowledge by 14 days giving a total of 33 days from the date of the claim form assuming it was MCOL they used.

Send a s78 request immediately.

Post up the particulars of claim and if not a scan were they signed by an individual or a company ?

Did they send a letter before action ?

Have they ever sent a default notice ? Do you have it ?

Any other information ?

Send a 31.14 request.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X