• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaulted - no knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted - no knowledge

Approx 1 year ago I received a letter from Hillesden securities asking me to contact them, once I confirmed my details they told me that I was being traced over an outstanding debt to Lloyds TSB, I said that I had no knowledge of any outstanding debt, then next thing I knew is a company called DLC contacted me and said I owed money for two accounts at Lloyds tsb. I informed them that I had no knowledge of this debt and asked for proof of debt, eventually several months later I got some statements which showed the last six years and the only thing on these statements were charges for being over drawn, I could not see any payments in or out other than these charges.

I then went on to check my credit file to see that in 2008 Lloyds TSB put me in default but I have not received any default notices etc only this letter from DLC.

I am very lost and don't know what to do, I have today received another call from Hillesden but I was not in so I have no idea what that is for, I have again checked my credit file and nothing is outstanding other than this lloyds tsb accounts.

Can anyone offer me some advice on what I should do?

thanks in advance

p.s. these accounts are bank accounts one was a current account another was a savings account
    Last edited by datxman; 12th December 2013, 21:05:PM. Reason: additional information

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X