• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - Liverpool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd - Liverpool

Just received my first parking charge notice ever and unsure how to proceed.

I see from the various threads that many are having difficulties with this firm and would like advice as having read through various posts on here and other sites am still little confused.

I received today in the post a "Parking Charge Notice" (that's how it was worded in bright red capitals!) addressed to me for stating my vehicle was parked at a certain place and gave me the date and time. They state that "payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage" This i may check in next couple days to confirm just what is displayed at the car park. The PCN was issued within 9 days of the offence and I received it 12 days after the offence. They are asking for £70 charge reduced to £35 if payment within 14 days of issue. At this time i was most defiantly out of the country (have passport and flight tickets to verify). Since receiving this notice I have found out a family member did use my vehicle (i'm not a happy bunny but that's another matter!)

Is there grounds to appeal considering it was not myself that did the "offence" and can prove it and would I have to reveal the name of person that did?

Thank you.

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - Liverpool

Who issued this PCN, a local authority or a private parking company? If the former, they are enforceable and should be paid asap. If the latter, ignore, as they are speculative invoices.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - Liverpool

Originally posted by iclaudious View Post
      Just received my first parking charge notice ever and unsure how to proceed.

I see from the various threads that many are having difficulties with this firm and would like advice as having read through various posts on here and other sites am still little confused.

I received today in the post a "Parking Charge Notice" (that's how it was worded in bright red capitals!) addressed to me for stating my vehicle was parked at a certain place and gave me the date and time. They state that "payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage" This i may check in next couple days to confirm just what is displayed at the car park. The PCN was issued within 9 days of the offence and I received it 12 days after the offence. They are asking for £70 charge reduced to £35 if payment within 14 days of issue. At this time i was most defiantly out of the country (have passport and flight tickets to verify). Since receiving this notice I have found out a family member did use my vehicle (i'm not a happy bunny but that's another matter!)

Is there grounds to appeal considering it was not myself that did the "offence" and can prove it and would I have to reveal the name of person that did?

Thank you.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver didn't see any signs. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

In the event you refuse my appeal please send me a popla code. I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Yours etc

This will probably be refused but once you get the Popla code all is well. A Popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will win.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59867667&postcount=2 show the winning points at Popla.

Pay them nothing.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X