• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Poverty report reveals most poor people have jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poverty report reveals most poor people have jobs

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...6pLid%3D228765

:lever: :yell: 21st century in the UK and fewer and fewer are able to earn a realistic living wage, however hard they work...meanwhile the rich get richer and squirrel it away abroad to avoid tax.
    Tags: None

Re: Poverty report reveals most poor people have jobs

Personally, I've never believed that hard work is the way out of poverty, it's a myth perpetrated by those who want to profit at the expense of others. :mad2:

Instead of working hard, people should work smart instead!

Comment

I know I am a peasant ,I know I am poor and according to the criteria im in poverty but I still eat ggod ffod nothing posh,keep warm have a good family and although my health is not the best im alive and reasonably happy

Comment

Where employers pay a living wage, they have a lower turnover of staff and, consequently, lower costs. Those who pay low wages find that there is a higher turnover of staff and, as a result, higher costs as they have to keep recruiting new staff. Not exactly rocket science, is it?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

They would still pay low wages and as for paying for recruiting staff that matters for nothing they do what they want without minimum wage they would ve paying about 3 quid an hour

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            They would still pay low wages and as for paying for recruiting staff that matters for nothing they do what they want without minimum wage they would ve paying about 3 quid an hour
            Which raises the question "Why should the taxpayer subsidise low-paying employers, through the benefits system, enabling them to compete unfairly with those employers who treat their employees properly and pay a living wage?" It will take a change of public mindset to force low-paying employers to pay living wages, even if it means the public persuading central and local government to use only those employers who pay a living wage.

Comment

The taxpayer subsidise the rich employers and shareholders cos they are the ones that run the country via the elected crooks at all levels of government

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                The taxpayer subsidise the rich employers and shareholders cos they are the ones that run the country via the elected crooks at all levels of government
                I cannot disagree with that, Wales.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X