• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Management Company charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Management Company charges

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    It must have been a BOS card (at least the one we're concerned about) as it's they who refunded the PPI.
    Nope (sorry) The MBNA card was always an MBNA card and there has been no refund of PPI from the MBNA card.

The BOS card is completely separate and has been refunded, privately.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dougal - the argument where you say you didn't write MBNA on the form and they added it afterwards kind of doesn't help your argument that you only authorised them to deal with MBNA. Just a wee point.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Kind of reinforces the point NOT TO USE A CMC
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          I think that ultimately you need to get confirmation from BOS about who submitted the complaint that resulted in the refund. That's all that matters
          I still think this is the only way forward.

Comment

Morning all,

I think the fact that I wrote to BOS myself and submitted the correct PPI refund form and they paid me in due course says it all.
            On the correspondence from BOS dated 15th Nov and 29th November there is no mention of GB.

The only GB appear is on the letter from BOS is when BOS sent me their letter dated 18th December offering to pay me the sum of XXXX. Even then it is only quoted as a refernce number : Gladstone Brookes Ltd Reference GB/xxxxxxxxxx/462794-1.

What is important is that today I have received a letter from GB stating:

Dated 15th Jan:

Dear Mr Rutherford

RE: Your payment protection insurance claim against MBNA PPI
            Account number: (NOTE this has been left blank)

MBNA (PPI) have exceeded the 8 week guidelines set in place by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide you with your final decision so we have written to them, threatening to refer their conduct to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if they do not give us the decikson you are due.

We will review your case after 15 days and return to you with further advice and comments on how we can progress the matter.

In the meantime, please feel free to visit our online information suite at
            www.gladstonebrookes.co.uk/help for information surrounding your complaint.

Yours sincerely
            Gladstone Brookes
            Bank 6

Have a good weekend
            Dougal
            Last edited by Dougal16T; 17th January 2014, 11:15:AM. Reason: Poor spelling.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
              I think the fact that I wrote to BOS myself and submitted the correct PPI refund form and they paid me in due course says it all.
              That may well be right but you need it in writing from BOS so you can counter GB's claim on their commission.

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Yes, EXEC is right and that is exactly what I am doing now. I am writing to BOS to confirm that they refunded my PPI due to my letters and PPI form. Providing that they agree I shall tell GB to 'take a hike'.

Best wishes all (except GB!)

Dougal

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
                  Good afternoon all,

Yes, EXEC is right and that is exactly what I am doing now. I am writing to BOS to confirm that they refunded my PPI due to my letters and PPI form. Providing that they agree I shall tell GB to 'take a hike'.

Best wishes all (except GB!)

Dougal

Good. It might also be worth sending them an SAR separately as it could turn up something useful.

Comment

Hi Exec, and all,

As you suggested I have today sent an SAR with the £10 fee to the BOS.

I have also asked for confirmation in writing that the PPI was refunded due to me claim initiating the process - that is the original claim which I filed with BOS being dated 19th June 2013.

First contact with Gladstone was via a phone call from them on 24th September 2013 - some THREE months later!

This is the date (24/9/2013) that I signed and dated the form for them to commence a PPI claim against MBNA - NOT BOS!!

GB have written to me twice now (one letter received 11th January 2014) telling me that my claim against MBNA has 'Gone over the 8 week stage' and they are pursuing this on my behalf....? Why are they telling me this? (I do not know, BUT I will find out.)

I have also had two text messages saying the same!!

However, we shall see what comes out of the woodwork after the SAR....

I have yet to address the question, that although it is my signature on the PPI reclaim form for GB, the letters MBNA written on the form in the authority box, [confiming that I want them to act on my behalf], are NOT in my handwriting. My old PC'c hat comes out and I am now looking at the Law on Forgery....

Best wishes all...except (you know who.....GB of course!)

Dougal

Comment

Morning all,

This is the exact text (redacted where needed), of a letter from Gladstone Brookes dated 22/1/2014 received 25/1/2014 ( I cannot master how to paste this....!)

Dear Mr.....

Re: Your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Claim
                      Agreement Number : XXXX/XXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 20th January 2013

Please can you forward a copy of the form that you personally submitted to BOS in June 2013 and their response.

Upon receipt I can then investigate as to why the bank responded to Gladstone Brookes when they had already dealt directly with you.

Gladstone Brookes did not give MBNA any authorisation to forward the complaint to any other bank, however the process they have followed is completely normal in cases of reclaiming PPI. If you feel that MBNA have acted unlawfully, would suggest you contact then directly.

MR xxxxxxxxxx, I feel that the crux of your complaint is that you do not wish to pay fees on the correctly investigated credit card. This being the case, upon receipt of a copy of your response received directly from your own claim in June, I will be happy to waive the fee invoiced if you have indeed obtained this result yourself.

In relation to the complaint issued directly to MBNA, the bank has advised that they are over time guidelines as they are awaiting information relating to the account (as this account was acquired from Lloyds Group/BOS, they do not hold all of the relevant records and will respond as soon as possible.
                      I would like to ask you for your instruction in this case, and to ask if you wish to continue with thie case through Gladstone Brookes?

Yours sincerely,

(RUBBER STAMP Gladstone Brookes, no named individual)

All comments are welcome, but I will be replying along these lines:

1. A copy of the form submitted to BOS is enclosed, and a copy of their acknowledgement, received some weeks later. There is no reference to Gladstone Brookes whatsoever on the response from BOS.

2. The Bank did not respond to Gladstone Brookes, it responded directly to me.

3. Why have I received no correspondence or contact from Gladstone Brookes whatsoever from the date the 'claim' was first commenced? This is a breach of the Rules from the MOJ, and may lead to a formal complaint to the MOJ.

4. Your paragraph 'Mr R......, I feel the crux of your complaint is that you do not wish to pay fees on the correctly investigated credit card.' Is both insulting, offensive and misleading - Gladstone Brookes did NOT correctly investigate any credit card, (or if they believe that they did); the ONLY one which they were instructed to act on was with MBNA and not BOS.

5. As far as your firm carrying out any act in connection with PPI on any loan, credit card, or otherwise: All or any instructions you claim to hold whether real or imagined are cancelled irrevocably herewith.

ANY THOUGHTS ANYONE? Thanks for the input, I have amended the text of my proposed response

Best wishes all,

Dougal

PS : TEXT AMENDED THIS EVENING and again today(Tuesday) my last comment is I do not pay anyone for doing nothing, and GB have actually done nothing!

Last edited by Dougal16T; 28th January 2014, 08:49:AM. Reason: Taking on board further advice from Beagles!

Comment

I would send them a copy of the form, redacted where necessary, there's nothing to gain by being narky . If the bank sent a copy of their offer to Gladstone Brookes without authority to do so that should be taken up with the bank.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Text amended..(see previous post..) does it look better now ? ( I hope so!)

Very much obliged for your help.

Thanks.

Dougal

Comment

Indeed�� although personally I would leave point four out as it is a bit inflammatory and I don't think it helps your case at this stage.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Text amended further and letter will be prepared and sent tomorrow, 1st class recorded delivery.

Best wishes
                              Dougal

Comment

Yes I agree with Ame. Much better to stick to the facts.

Good luck with it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X