• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Management Company charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Management Company charges

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    1. I don't understand the significance of this. Is this MBNA's form or GB's?

2. I can't find anything in the T&Cs on the Gladstone Brooks site that expressly allows them to charge for PPI compensation from all and any bank but you need to check the small print on your agreement.

3. In the first instance you should make a formal complaint to GB and also to BOS for passing details of your claim to GB without your consent.

Hi Exec and all,

1. This the form that Gladstone Brookes sent to me with their logo and address on.

2. There is nothing in their T/C's to allow them to do this.

3. Complaint to MOJ being completed today and sent 1st Class Rec Del. - BUT not being copied to Gladstone.

I must also put my funny hat (Policeman's Helmet) on again and say, the actions of Gladstone Brookes in demanding their 30% for something which I know they have not dealt with, (and possibly the BOS for providing privileged information to a third party), are an act of Fraud under the Fraud Act 2006 (S2.) - Have a read of this Act, it is wide reaching.

The question arises : Are the BOS passing information about Customers' PPI Claims (which have been lodged direct with BOS) to GB?

I shall await the response from the MOJ, (and then advise GB's MD by my personal letter of the situation, although he may by then know what it is like to be 'up a Gum tree'!). His response will then be taken to the Police to see if there is merit in a prosecution.

I believe that the note 'Offence is Complete' applies, and a prosecution may be mounted without further ado!

Never a dull moment, is there?

Best wishes all,

Dougal

Comment

Morning again,

I forgot to add:

I shall give GB 8 weeks from the date they received my complaint (last Monday 13th Jan), before I file the complaint with the MOJ.

I am also writing to the Bank of Scotland, asking why they divulged information about my financial dealings with them to a third party, when they had no authority to do so.

Might be interesting!!

Best wishes,

Dougal

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        The first thing they'll ask is have you complained to GB so I'd do that first if I were you.
        Thanks
        Complaint off to GB tomorrow (Thurs). I understand that
        they have breached the rules which they must follow.
        Best wishes
        Dougal

Comment

Morning all,

Here is the form from Gladstone Brookes (redacted - as required).

What is really important is this:

1. They contacted me on 24th September 2013.
          2. The 'MBNA' letters are NOT my handwriting.
          3. I heard absolutely nothing from them (not even an acknowledgement of the receipt of the form), until they 'discovered' that I had received payment from the Bank of Scotland - for a PPI Claim that I started with the Bank of Scotland, and the Bank of Scotland have dealt with me directly throughout!
          4. Now GB want 30% -:tinysmile_hmm_t2: I don't think so!

I have attached the GB form.

Best wishes all,

Dougal
          Attached Files

Comment

Dougal, this form is not signed by you, if you have taken that out for posting up was this your actual signature?

The original documents you signed when you joined GB, can you please post these up, as that might explain a bit more.

I have to say it is a bit weird when you have worked directly with a company to obtain your refund how would they be able to find out that you had received a payment direct from a bank/credit card that they did not have instructions for.... something is not right here.

Comment

Good morning again,

Tuttsi, your view is appreciated, and thanks for looking at this form. I can confirm that this is a first generation copy of the form that I signed - I have removed my signature so that this form can be seen by everyone.

The letters 'MBNA' are NOT in my handwriting.

As an ex-copper, (I can hear you saying....'here he goes again')..., Forgery is a serious business.

The only document I have ever signed is this one, there are/were no other forms for signature.

The important points include the fact that I have never signed any form authorising GB to contact any other financial institution whatsoever.

It is worth noting that there have been at least 2 breaches of the MOJ Regs by GB.

I sent GB this letter:

Gamma Team
              Gladstone Brookes Ltd
              47 Museum Street
              Warrington
              Cheshire
              WA1 1LD

FIRST CLASS RECORDED DELIVERY 9th January 2014

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Re: PPI

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your recent (and only contact) concerning a PPI Claim, and I have sought Legal advice, from an associate who is a Barrister. This is due to negative publicity being given to PPI Claims. He has advised me to write thus:

1. At no time have I given you any written (or otherwise) authority to contact anyone on my behalf, with the sole exception of MBNA. This is in accordance with the agreement between us (copy enclosed).

2. If you believe to the contrary, please provide a copy of any agreement which you hold, and which I have signed.

3. I have been personally negotiating with the Bank of Scotland for some considerable time myself, and have never authorised your Company, or anyone else, to contact them on my behalf.

4. I therefore enclose your account relating to the Bank of Scotland.

5. At no time since the date on the MBNA agreement between us has there been any contact from your office (by telephone, letter, or e-mail) seeking to alter, amend or vary your instructions.

6. At no time since the date on the MBNA agreement have I contacted your offices,(by telephone, letter, or e-mail),to give you instructions to vary this agreement (for you to contact MBNA), and to contact the Bank of Scotland on my behalf.

7. Due to hearing difficulties I am unable to discuss this on the telephone.

8. Further there is only an implied license under Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without my express permission; ‘the postman and people asking for directions etc.,’(Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

9. Please take note therefore, that I hereby immediately revoke that license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and civil action will be taken.

10. Any contact between us must therefore be in writing.

Yours faithfully,

I hoped that they might respond to this and we could get to the bottom of what they are up to!

Kind regards to all,

Dougal
              Last edited by Dougal16T; 16th January 2014, 10:11:AM. Reason: Missed out info

Comment

''Some providers will pay 8% Statutory Interest to your redress payment..."

Doesn't sound like they even bother to ask for it, or contractual interest.

Anyway regarding your issue, were the account number etc details not filled in?

Was your MBNA card account a BoS card previously ?

( or was the MBNA card you claimed on amalgamated with the BoS card that continued and changed to MBNA
                Originally posted by Dougal16T
                The acknowledgement letter from BOS arrived in 3 days, then 14 days later, a further letter from BOS arrived. This was the surprise; they stated they had records of a second Credit Card on a different number in my name, (this dated back to 1998/1999), and they said that they had amalgamated both card accounts, and would be in touch.... On the 18th December they wrote to me with their offer letter (having upheld my complaint), and offered just over £12K !
                ( http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...047#post398047 ) Presumably that is the one you are now being hassled for by GB. Could it possibly be that you had already reclaimed the PPI for the account you signed up with GB to deal with ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Morning again

To answer your question - account details etc not filled in.

As far as I am aware they were always two separate cards.

I forgot to add that as far as I was/ are aware they never amalgamated, we are talking about 1980 - 2002.

If they were amalgamated I would have been told - and when I claimed from BOS, they wrote to me 3 times and MBNA were NEVER mentioned.

More to follow - Just had a reorded delivery letter from GB - it makes good ( ? ) reading. All comments welcome.

I will copy and post it shortly.

Best wishes
                  Dougal
                  Last edited by Dougal16T; 16th January 2014, 12:05:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Was your MBNA card account a BoS card previously ?

I think you could be right.

''However, MBNA took over the card in around 2006, like they did with millions of others from the Bank of Scotland''

http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordpress.com/tag/mbna/

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...l-mystery.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=432234

Comment

Morning again,

OK I give in..!!!..I have been unable to copy and paste the letter (which I have redacted) from Gladstone Brookes. Can some one help a silly old fool like me and tell me how to do it, please?

Regards

Dougal

Comment

Dougal, e-mail it to me and I'll post it up.

Comment

Here you go. The first page isn't that great but it's just about readable.

I think it's fairly clear what they're saying and could be tricky to overcome IMO.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have had an RBS credit card since the year dot and it has never been a part of MBNA or taken over by them , my Virgin Credit card was but it was always MBNA anyway.

Comment

The point is I had an MBNA card and a BOS card - they were always separate.

GB were instructed to contact MBNA - Not for them to contact the BOS. I have already been in touch with BOS prior to making any agreement with GB. Basically they have done nothing but expect to be paid for it. My agreement with GB is clear - there are quite a few breaches on the MOJ rules by GB as well.

I have never given them consent in any form for them to contact BOS!

Dougal
                              Last edited by Dougal16T; 16th January 2014, 14:50:PM.

Comment

Sorry I thought it was said that your BOS card was taken over by MBNA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X