• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Management Company charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Management Company charges

Thanks Amethyst

What you say is right - it always was an MBNA card which I instructed them to deal with.

At at no time have they been instructed to act against BOS because I was doing that myself!

The BOS card was BOS from day one and all of the time until the closure of the account.

They have one more chance to deal with this properly - in my view they are 'wobbling' as they know the two cards are separate. Perhaps that is why they have offered 50% discount!

What you say about 'all aspects of the card account' is correct - it is not a licence to see what else they could pretend to have the right to deal with!
    MOJ complaint prepared and ready for posting......

I will see if they persist first.

Regards
    Dougal

PS an ex PC (Cid) colleague thinks it is an attempt at Fraudulent Conversion!
    Last edited by Dougal16T; 7th February 2014, 17:19:PM. Reason: Head on back to front!!

Comment

Evening all,

Just an 'extract' from my letter to GB today:

"Your comment in your latest letter that ''due to the card being an acquired account from a previous bank,'' is not correct.

I have stated previously the MBNA card was always an MBNA card and was not previously from BOS.

You state ''all aspects of the card account''

GB were only instructed to concentrate on THAT (MBNA) card account, not that card account and/or any other card accounts that GB happen to come across.

The copy of ‘Terms and Conditions’ attached to your letter dated 15th January 2014 have never been provided to me previously., the only information I have received in regard to fees is that on the ‘Form of Authority’ which has a box stating “For a further explanation refer to the ‘FEES- FURTHER EXPLANATIONS’ ON THE FOLDER OR VISIT WWW.GLADSTONEBROOKES.CO.UK/LEGAL/TERMS. I do not have that folder.
      (my colourations of the text not theirs)

On the second page of your letter you state ‘In resolution however to this part of the complaint for which we have received a successful response, I will be willing to offer a reduction in fee of 50% of the outstanding balance to reflect both parties approach to BOS.’ (my colourations of the text not theirs)

1. You did not receive ‘a successful response’ – I did.
      2. You were never asked or instructed by me to ‘approach BOS’.
      3. You have either, issued instructions to a third party, or consented to their actions, (Mark Pierce.), and a breach of the Data Protection Act appears to have taken place.

It is not within the instructions given by myself to GB, for you to discuss any matter relating to my finances with any third party, without my express consent in writing.

No such consent was ever granted, implied, or sought."

We shall see what happens next, they have already offered a reduction to 50% - for doing Sweet Fanny Adams!!

Have a g
      ood evening all,(except those at GB of course!!)

Dougal....

Anyone??

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms or otherwise, please don't be shy....all views are welcome.
      Last edited by Dougal16T; 11th February 2014, 17:15:PM. Reason: Just adding a request.....

Comment

Morning all,

GB did not like my last letter ('Tough bazookas', I say...), they replied on the 12th February and they have 'invited me' to write any complaint I may have, to what is actually their local Trading Standards Office, (as someone kindly pointed out to me), BUT GB refer to that office as being the address of the "Claims Management Regulator !!."

It fascinates me that they never sign their letters with the name of a person who wrote the letter or who works in their office, it is just a Rubber Stamp, saying 'Yours Sincerely, Gladstone Brookes, Resolutions Team, GLADSTONE BROOKES. (SO GOOD THEY NAMED IT TWICE?? - apologies to Frank Sinatra...!)

GB have said that they stand by their offer to reduce the fee by 50% (making it £1902), and this is for doing SFA.....

I for my part have filed their letter and if they contact me again I shall send all of the papers direct to the MOJ in London.

I am also minded to speak to a couple of my ex-colleagues from the Constabulary, as I can't help thinking that their actions amount to a Breach of the DPA and a Criminal offence of an 'Attempt to Obtain Property by Deception', I recommend a read of the text that follows that statement, if you 'Google' it!!

In the meantime, Best wishes all,

Dougal

Comment

Well, their local trading standards would be the right place if you felt they were not trading legally. You however have a complaint about their service which you should take to the Claims Management Regualtor who are based at Staffordshire Trading Standards at the address given before.

You're getting caught up in unimportant detail and need to stop writing back and forth to GB. Write to the Claims Regulator clearly setting out your issues (in a factual, unemotive way) as a formal complaint against GB. You have exhausted GB's complaints system and have an offer you are unhappy with so you escalate your complaint.

Step 3: Follow up your complaint with the Claims Management Regulator

If your complaint is not dealt with to your satisfaction and in line with our rules within eight weeks of your initial complaint, we may be able to help.
          We can:
          • Use any information you provide to consider any enforcement action against a CMC that has breached the conduct rules
          • Work with you and the CMC concerned to try and resolve the complaint

Claims management regulation complaint form (DOC)

We cannot however award compensation for any service failure by a CMC.

Gladstone Brookes do hold a Consumer Credit Licence ( Licence Number:0633756 ) if you wanted to give the FOS a call to see if they can deal with CMC complaints if you get nowhere with the CMC regulator.

The other bit I'm still not 100% on - Did you receive the original offer letter DIRECTLY from BOS ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dougal

The head of the MOJ in London for CMC's is Kevin Rousell, I am sure he will only pass this to this colleague at the TS/MOJ. But please do mention that you are a member of Legal Beagles as we have met him for meetings on a couple of occasions up in the London Office.

Wishing all the best
            Tuttsi xxxx

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
            Morning all,

GB did not like my last letter ('Tough bazookas', I say...), they replied on the 12th February and they have 'invited me' to write any complaint I may have, to what is actually their local Trading Standards Office, (as someone kindly pointed out to me), BUT GB refer to that office as being the address of the "Claims Management Regulator !!."

It fascinates me that they never sign their letters with the name of a person who wrote the letter or who works in their office, it is just a Rubber Stamp, saying 'Yours Sincerely, Gladstone Brookes, Resolutions Team, GLADSTONE BROOKES. (SO GOOD THEY NAMED IT TWICE?? - apologies to Frank Sinatra...!)

GB have said that they stand by their offer to reduce the fee by 50% (making it £1902), and this is for doing SFA.....

I for my part have filed their letter and if they contact me again I shall send all of the papers direct to the MOJ in London.

I am also minded to speak to a couple of my ex-colleagues from the Constabulary, as I can't help thinking that their actions amount to a Breach of the DPA and a Criminal offence of an 'Attempt to Obtain Property by Deception', I recommend a read of the text that follows that statement, if you 'Google' it!!

In the meantime, Best wishes all,

Dougal

Comment

Hello all,

Just to clarify :

I learnt a longtime ago that minor detail can be very important.

Also I have only written to GB 3 times, and these letters were in response to mail from them.

I shall not be writing to them again, but ALL other avenues remain open.

A formal complaint to the MOJ is next. - and I will be delighted to be able to mention "Legal Beagles".

I understand that GB are not the 'flavour of the month' in the 'PPI reclaims world' .....just a bit of 'gossip' I heard.

Best wishes all
              Dougal

Comment

Evening all,

Thanks to Amethyst for the MOJ form.

MOJ Complaint form prepared, and will be sent with a covering letter to Kevin Rousell referring to Legal Beagles - thanks for the input everyone.

Sleep well

Dougal

Comment

Another GB customer http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...7097-PPI-query

Ummm Dougal you put ''just to clarify'', but didn't clarify ? unless I'm going mad, which isn't unlikely at the minute xx

Did you receive the original offer letter DIRECTLY from BOS ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Morning all

I received the original offer letter direct from BOS. I had sent the PPI form to them direct, no one else was/is involved.

Hope this helps
                    Best wishes as always
                    Dougal

Comment

Good afternoon all

I have just received from BOS my SDAR papers - these documents prove conclusively that my card was with BOS from day one until the account was closed. . All paperwork was handled by BOS, and all correspondence is from BOS to me.

There is no mention whatsoever of MBNA. (NOTE : MBNA were never involved!)

So GB claiming they 'achieved a result for me from BOS via MBNA' is false.

Nowhere in the bundle of papers (There are 170 pages in the bundle and it dates back to 1998) are MBNA mentioned.

I will draw the MOJ's attention to this.

As an ex PC I say GB 'attempted to obtain property by deception' (Money is held in Law to be property).

I also take a very serious view of Financial Crime, and therefore I have no choice but to consider filing a complaint which may lead to a Criminal Investigation. (It appears that this is not a minor crime in view of the sum involved [over £3500], and I hope that my fellow Beagles will not think too badly of me if and when I report this matter to the Police.

Best wishes all.
                      Dougal.
                      Last edited by Dougal16T; 25th February 2014, 18:53:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X