• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parkingeye charge notice November 2013 in Wales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parkingeye charge notice November 2013 in Wales

Interested in people thoughts, found this link with reference to a FOi request made by Alex Shipp on the whatdotheyknow website on the number of cases brought to court by parking eye for h1 and q3 of 2013.

for those nervous on clicking links, an extract shows ... Should I be looking to settle and pay or still sit and wait until I get a response foremost my appeal. As at jan 24th Parkeye still have note told new that my appeal is accepted or rejected.. Should I chase ?

Alex Shipp left an annotation (27 August 2013)

Figures from Pronoy for June and July are as follows

04/06/2013 300
    11/06/2013 476
    13/06/2013 79
    18/06/2013 392
    08/07/2013 1074
    16/07/2013 1
    26/07/2013 1
    30/07/2013 705
    Total 3028

Link to this

Alex Shipp left an annotation (14 October 2013)

Updated figures mid July - end Sep

30/07/2013 705
    15/08/2013 628
    21/08/2013 754
    30/08/2013 649
    10/09/2013 1000
    30/09/2013 1000

Link to this

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...t_by_parking_2

Comment

Write to them stating that you appealed and as it's over 35 days since the appeal and you've had no reply that you consider the matter closed as per BPA cop 22.8.

M1

Comment

They're probably too busy adding to the bog roll they keep sending me!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          They're probably too busy adding to the bog roll they keep sending me!

Your getting off lightly compared to Raley. 28 files of cases he was sent. One of them was around 50 pages long.

M1

Comment

OMG:faint:

Comment

Hi,

I was using a friend's car last week and was at one of the hotels (in Cardiff) that use ParkingEye. It was dark and I didn't notice the parking sign (which was not lit) and there were no pay and display outside of the hotel.

Anyway, I've read all the threads and it sounds to me they cannot enforce any legal fine (as it is a charge).

While I would let them waste their time and money on posting to me various threats they are writing to the registered keeper (my friend). She is more worried about going to court, rising costs etc (with their bully boy tactics). On the letter it states to the registered keeper, "we will pursue you for any parking charge amount that remains unpaid."

So I want to tell them she was not the driver, but also I want to keep my own details private as they have no legal powers over me. Is there a privacy / data protection law that will assist me? Also is there a way I can threaten to charge them for my time in responding to their threats? I hate this sort of bully boy tactic they use to worry people, bring it on!

Finally can I insist they do not use my friend's name in any further correspondence and threaten/warn them, or take action in terms of them harassing her as a completely innocent party to this farce.

Be interested in any responses. Thanks.

Comment

Well the easiest solution is for your friend to name you so you can appeal and if that's denied appeal to popla which is currently an easy win with the right appeal.

Complicating matters is not advised.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X