• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Form Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Originally posted by th9113 View Post
    How would I go about arranging a consent order?.
    I would go for a Tomlin Order not a consent order. There's no record of a Tomlin Order. With a Tomlin Order the court proceedings are stayed as long as you keep to the terms of the Schedule contained in the Tomlin Order.

Comment

I have acknowledged the claim with the link you have provided.
      If you have filed your AOS then you will not get a CCJ without a court hearing (unless you mess up the paperwork and you could be vulnerable to a summary judgment). You have time to negotiate. The next thing you'll hear from the court will be an Allocation Questionnaire (after you've submitted your defence if you have one) which offers you the option of Mediation. Tick the box saying that you agree to Mediation. As far as I'm aware Northampton County Court Bulk Centre offer a one month 'breathing space' (stay) in the hope that the parties can sort out their differences before allocating the case to the nearest county court to your home (it's always the Defendant's home that dictates this).

What you need is a Tomlin Order since you say you can settle the debt in a matter of weeks. With any luck you won't even need that if you can agree an arrangement to pay with Bryan Carter and a 'stay' of the proceedings while you pay (inform the court of your mutual agreement to a 'stay' if you arrange this). After that Bryan Carter can discontinue the proceedings.
      Last edited by PlanB; 5th December 2013, 09:41:AM.

Comment

The example I mentioned earlier.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9d549290846701
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          The example I mentioned earlier.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9d549290846701
          In preference to a Tomlin Order?

Comment

Here is a brief explanation of the difference between a Tomlin Order and a Consent Order. In effect a Tomlin Order *sidesteps* the court process

http://www.drukker.co.uk/publication.../#.Up5faqtFBjo

Comment

Hi Guys,

Sorry for for the late reply, long hours in work mean straight to bed after work. I'm so grateful for your help. When will I receive the Allocation Questionairre off the court? I acknowledged the claim last Saturday. Do you think BC will agree to this? And will the interest/court/solicitor fees be waived or will they remain.

Thanks.

Comment

You'd only receive an allocation questionnaire once you have submitted a defence. If you intend to negotiate with Bryan Carter and/or go for a Tomlin order, then you won't be getting to that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                  You'd only receive an allocation questionnaire once you have submitted a defence. If you intend to negotiate with Bryan Carter and/or go for a Tomlin order, then you won't be getting to that stage.
                  Hi,

Finaaly a day off work so I can get right into this now, I think I'll go with a Tomlin Order rather than a constant order, how would I go about this? Just phone Bryan Carter and explain this is the route I want to go down or would I have to put in to writing? Are they likely to agree straight away or will still try to pursue it through the Court.

Amethyst, Flaming Parrot and Plan B you lot have been a god send. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

For ref then here's text of suggested order and likely what BC would agree to; but hang fire until PlanB or FP come back as I believe they have an alternative suggestion for you.

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT BULK CENTRE

Claim Reference : xxxxxxxxxx

Between
                    Claimant
                    Lowell Financial Limited

AND
                    Defendant
                    Your name

CONSENT ORDER
                    Before District Judge
                    On the xxxx Day of xxxxxxxxxxx sitting at xxxxxxxxxx County Court

UPON the parties having agreed terms of settlement
                    BY CONSENT
                    IT IS ORDERED that all further proceedings in this action be stayed upon the terms set out in the schedule below save for the purpose of enforcing or carrying into effect said terms with permission to apply for that purpose.

AND IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that there be no order as to costs

SCHEDULE
                    1. The Claimant agrees to accept the sum of XXXXXXXX in settlement of the total claim payable by monthly instalments of XXXXXXXX providing the first payment is received within 28 days from the date of this order and on the ame day each month thereafter.
                    2. The Claimant agrees not to enter Judgment on the condition the above arrangements are maintained.
                    3. The Claimant be at liberty to enter Judgment for the unpaid balance if the Defendant defaults in payment arrangements
                    Signed

Claimant Defendant
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I will what for there replies before doing anything. I acknowledged this claim online on link provided up the page on 30th Nov, so how long do I have left to sort it out? 13th December? I received letter off BC today asking me to phone them as it can be resolved without getting a CCJ against me.

Many Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys,

Amethyst said on post #13 I have until December 13ish, that date is vastly approaching. What do I do next? I am sorry to be a pain it's just I have little knowledge of how the whole procedure works, where as you guys seem to have that in abundance. I am off work now till Friday so I want to do my best to sort this tomorrow (Thursday) just need to know how to go about it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
                          I also have a claim I need to respond to, how do I post my request for help without confusing this thread?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshBoy View Post
                            Hi,
                            I also have a claim I need to respond to, how do I post my request for help without confusing this thread?

Thanks.
                            Hi,

You should see 'post new topic' option on the homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshBoy View Post
                              Hi,

Thanks.
                              Click the link, click +Post New Thead (blue button, top left) & fire away!

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-a-Court-Claim
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi guys,

Amethyst said on post #13 I have until December 13ish, that date is vastly approaching. What do I do next? I am sorry to be a pain it's just I have little knowledge of how the whole procedure works, where as you guys seem to have that in abundance. I am off work now till Friday so I want to do my best to sort this tomorrow (Thursday) just need to know how to go about it.

Thanks.
                                :bump2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X