• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Hi,

First time poster long time viewer off these forums, just posting to see if anyone can be off any help to me.

Received a letter dated 15 Nov 2013 from Northampton County Court Bulk Centre, on behalf off Bryan Carter solicitors from a debt passed onto them by Lowell.

The original debt was £312 which I had a payment plan set up for until I changed back accounts. The current balance is £460 as they have added there solicitors fees, court fees and 8% interest. As I'm aware I've got till the 18th off December to get admit/defend this claim. Any guidance from you guys I'd appreciate so much.

Cheers.

TH
    Last edited by th9113; 30th November 2013, 09:42:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Claim Form Northampton County Court Bulk Centre.

Originally posted by th9113 View Post
    Received a letter dated 15 Nov 2013 from Northampton County Court Bulk Centre, on behalf off Bryan Carter solicitors from a debt passed onto them by Lowell.

The original debt was £312 which I had a payment plan set up for until I changed back accounts. The current balance is £460 as they have added there solicitors fees, court fees and 8% interest. As I'm aware I've got till the 18th off December to get admit/defend this claim.
    That wasn't a letter, that was a county court summons. You have 14 days (+ 2 for service?) to respond. You should tick the Acknowledgement of Service box online to inform the court that you intend to defend all of the claim. You need to do this by tomorrow not 18th December.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      That wasn't a letter, that was a county court summons. You have 14 days (+ 2 for service?) to respond. You should tick the Acknowledgement of Service box online to inform the court that you intend to defend all of the claim. You need to do this by tomorrow not 18th December.

Thanks,

Do I have grounds to defend the claim?

Comment

Hi,

First time poster long time viewer off these forums, just posting to see if anyone can be off any help to me.

The original debt was £312 which I had a payment plan set up for until I changed back accounts. The current balance is £460 as they have added there solicitors fees, court fees and 8% interest. As I'm aware I've got till the 18th off December to get admit/defend this claim. Any guidance from you guys I'd appreciate so much.
        Have you acknowledge service? You have 14 days from date of service to acknowledge the claim, which you can do online. If you state your intention to defend in full, you then get a further 14 days to prepare your defence, but you need to acknowledge as soon as possible.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        5 days allowed for service, but I see no reason to wait any longer to acknowledge a claim dated 2 weeks ago! :noidea:

Do I have grounds to defend the claim?
        As we don't know what the debt is for, or any history of it, we can't tell you. Could you give us a bit more details? What was it? a mobile contract? a catalogue?

Could you scan or take a picture of the particulars of claim, remove your personal details and post them up here (preferably AFTER you have acknowledged). :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Have you acknowledge service? You have 14 days from date of service to acknowledge the claim, which you can do online. If you state your intention to defend in full, you then get a further 14 days to prepare your defence, but you need to acknowledge as soon as possible.

5 days allowed for service, but I see no reason to wait any longer to acknowledge a claim dated 2 weeks ago! :noidea:

As we don't know what the debt is for, or any history of it, we can't tell you. Could you give us a bit more details? What was it? a mobile contract? a catalogue?

Could you scan or take a picture of the particulars of claim, remove your personal details and post them up here (preferably AFTER you have acknowledged). :typing:
          Hi,

Thanks for swift reply. It was for a catalogue from 2010, should I send summons back just defending ? I do acknowledge I messed up and I'm willing to pay, it's just since 2010 when I made a few mistakes as an 18 year old I've managed to clean up a lot of my debt and currently saving for a mortgage and having a CCJ against my name isn't going to help my case is it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

How do I post picture from iPad?

Thanks
            Last edited by th9113; 30th November 2013, 09:21:AM.

Comment

should I send summons back just defending ? I do acknowledge I messed up and I'm willing to pay,
              It is VERY important that you acknowledge the claim NOW that you are defending the claim, as time is NOT of the essence for you, you can acknowledge it on MOCL website, register first then you will be able to get into your claim
              https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Defendant frequently asked questions

How do I file a response on MCOL?

You will need to register for a Government Gateway account on the MCOL homepage. Once you have logged in, you will then see an option to ‘Respond to a Claim made against you’ on the bottom right hand side of the page. Log into your claim here, using the claim number and password on your N1 claim form.
              You must keep a note of your Government Gateway log in details, as you may not re-register and log into your claim from a different Government Gateway account.

Could you scan or take a picture of the particulars of claim, remove your personal details and post them up here (preferably AFTER you have acknowledged).
              how do I post picture from iPad?
              If you can't scan and post up your N1 then can you type up in a post Exactly what is written in the particulars of claim box so we can see what they are claiming for, so we can advise you correctly

BUT please acknowledge the claim FIRST as you the will get another 14 days in order to submit a defence
              IF you DON'T acknowledge the claim NOW then they could apply for a win by default and obtain the CCJ against you

Once the claim is acknowledged then this will buy you time we can then start to find out what has happened and when, so we can then determine what your next move is

Comment

Originally posted by Gorang View Post
                It is VERY important that you acknowledge the claim NOW that you are defending the claim, as time is NOT of the essence for you, you can acknowledge it on MOCL website, register first then you will be able to get into your claim
                https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

If you can't scan and post up your N1 then can you type up in a post Exactly what is written in the particulars of claim box so we can see what they are claiming for, so we can advise you correctly

BUT please acknowledge the claim FIRST as you the will get another 14 days in order to submit a defence
                IF you DON'T acknowledge the claim NOW then they could apply for a win by default and obtain the CCJ against you

Once the claim is acknowledged then this will buy you time we can then start to find out what has happened and when, so we can then determine what your next move is
                Gordon,

Thanks for advice, I have acknowledged the claim with the link you have provided, I assume this means I have 14 days leeway? I'll get the summons posted up right away.

Many Thanks.

Comment

ISSUE DATE:15 NOV 2013

Claimant:
                  LOWELL PORTFOLIO LTD

Address for sending documents and payments:
                  BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS

Particulars of claim;
                  THIS CLAIM IS FOR XXX.XX THE AMOUNT DUE UNDER AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR AND THE DEFENDANT TO PROVIDE FINANCE AND / OR SERVICES AND / OR GOODS.

THIS DEBT WAS ASSIGNED TO PURCHASE BY Lowell Portfolio Ltd ON 20/12/10 AND NOTICE SERVED PURSUANT TO THE LAW PROPERTY ACT 1925.

PARTICULARS:
                  Re: Shop Direct
                  A/C NO. XXXXXXX

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS XXX.XX

THE CLAIMANT ALSO CLAIMS INTEREST PURSUANT TO S69 COUNTY COURT ACT 1984 FROM 20/12/10 TO DATE AT 8% PER ANUM AMOUNTING TO XX.XX

The claimant believes that the facts stated in this claim are true and I am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement.

ACOUNT CLAIMED XXX.XX
                  COURT FEE XX.XX
                  SOLICITORS COSTS XX.XX
                  TOTAL AMOUNT XXX.XX

Comment

Hi,

Help still required if possible.

Thanks.

Comment

They will be back on to-morrow after the meet in Brighton!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Okay, have you entered acknowledgement ?
                          That should mean you have till 13 Dec ish to get sorted.

So it is a relatively new catalogue debt (opened 2010) which you don't dispute and it is unlikely there will be any wiggle room on technicalities.

How important is it to you not to have a CCJ against you ? You are what, 22? so I expect kyboshing your credit file for six years now is going to have an effect on you - particularly if you wanted to get a mortgage in the next six years.

You need to complete a full income and expenditure form and work out your finances so you know how much you would be able to afford to pay off this debt, or if you can offer a full and final settlement (though that is more unlikely to be accepted at this stage) Then you can either offer to enter into an arrangement via a consent order with Bryan Carter, or enter your offer and IE to the court for the rate to be fixed by the courts.

The consent order would mean no CCJ against you (although you'll still have the default on your file for a while yet (until Dec 2016 I would think) it's not quite as bad as a CCJ (would be on till Dec 2019) but would mean if you miss payments Bryan Carter can go back to court and get Judgment ordered quite easily.

The CCJ would mean the payments are set and if you circumstances change you can go back to court to ask for redetermination of the amounts etc.

It isn't a completely unobtainable amount so you might want to look at paying it off with BC if you can get an agreement of a full final amount.

ISSUE DATE:15 NOV 2013

Claimant:
                          LOWELL PORTFOLIO LTD

Address for sending documents and payments:
                          BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS

Particulars of claim;
                          THIS CLAIM IS FOR XXX.XX THE AMOUNT DUE UNDER AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR AND THE DEFENDANT TO PROVIDE FINANCE AND / OR SERVICES AND / OR GOODS.

THIS DEBT WAS ASSIGNED TO PURCHASE BY Lowell Portfolio Ltd ON 20/12/10 AND NOTICE SERVED PURSUANT TO THE LAW PROPERTY ACT 1925.

PARTICULARS:
                          Re: Shop Direct
                          A/C NO. XXXXXXX

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS XXX.XX

THE CLAIMANT ALSO CLAIMS INTEREST PURSUANT TO S69 COUNTY COURT ACT 1984 FROM 20/12/10 TO DATE AT 8% PER ANUM AMOUNTING TO XX.XX

The claimant believes that the facts stated in this claim are true and I am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statement.

ACOUNT CLAIMED XXX.XX
                          COURT FEE XX.XX
                          SOLICITORS COSTS XX.XX
                          TOTAL AMOUNT XXX.XX
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Thank you, great advice. How would I go about arranging a consent order? Through the Court or BC ? I know the full amount is very much attainable but it's 3 weeks from Xmas so it's not really practical, I could comfortably clear the full amount over a matter off weeks, is this possible do you feel?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

It would be through Bryan Carter. If you are confident you can give them a call and ask them to draft one to send to you ... they may want to see your income expenditure if it is a low amount you will be offering but doesn't sound like it. Just tell them the truth ... they just want the money so should be willing to go along with it, and it doesn't hurt to ask. There's an example of one they have done recently which might assist. Have a search on here ... Bryan consent order ... and you should find it else will find it in a while when I'm back on proper computer xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X