• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wot is sleep????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot is sleep????

Wot is sleep and do we really need it ???

Im beginning to think that sleep is over rated !!!!!

Any thoughts ?????

Scarlet

Sleep is natures way of telling you you've spent too much time in the chat room.

Most insomniacs get far more sleep than they actually think they do, but you can adjust your body clock to suit the hours you wish to sleep to a certain extent.

Night workers will tell you they never get used to the switch from night to day and rotating shifts is even worse.

Lack of sleep impairs your thinking and your judgement, think twice about getting in a car if you've had little or no sleep.

I had my sleep pattern destroyed by brain surgery, I no longer sleep naturally, the test was 4 days without sleep, brain won't shut down but body absolutely shot and in real pain in the eyes - not good, hence the bed at 9 every night with a sleeping tablet!!!

Alcohol, despite common misconceptions, can also stop you sleeping.

Lecture over.

Comment

Thanks hunny

Totally good advice

And i didnt realise about the 9pm thing for you i thought you was an early to bed early to rise person... so im sorry to hear that is not the case hun

Now i need advice on how to get out of the chat room LOL?????

before this bags under my eyes resmble suitcases!!!!!

Comment

As most of you know I`ve been an insomniac for about the last 13 years ,

Most insomniacs get far more sleep than they actually think they do, but you can adjust your body clock to suit the hours you wish to sleep to a certain extent.
        My sleep patterns are notoriously irregular I mainly go a whole 5 days with very little and on the 6th just shut down and zonk .

Lack of sleep impairs your thinking and your judgement, think twice about getting in a car if you've had little or no sleep.
        Not always but in the main I agree Jan , it can also be the cause of depressions , rages and the cause the onset of mental illness.

I had my sleep pattern destroyed by brain surgery, I no longer sleep naturally, the test was 4 days without sleep, brain won't shut down but body absolutely shot and in real pain in the eyes - not good, hence the bed at 9 every night with a sleeping tablet!!!
        My insomnia , I believe , was triggered by stress , the inability for my brain to switch off all combined with a certain substance abuse many years ago , not recommended , at all. Not big and not clever. Sleeping tablets no longer work for me no matter if I `up` the dosage.
        Alcohol, despite common misconceptions, can also stop you sleeping.
        Agreed , but on rare occasions I find if I drink enough JD it isn`t sleep that hits me its just that I pass out , lol . Again not big or clever.

I cannot lecture anyone , as I have burned the candle at both ends for years , that said it is seriously bad for your physical and mental health and Scarlet hun , if you can sleep , take it while you can.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanx jules hunny xxxx

i tried several times to nap today but kept remembering all the things i had to do plus children dogs and other distractions wasnt very helpful

i have the feeling by the time my head touches the pillow tonite i will be out for the count lol

sorry to hear you are an insomniac hunny, must be very frustrating xxxxx

hugs xxxxx
          scarlet

Comment

I have to say I love sleep, I love the feeling of sinking into my pillow and drifting off.
            My idea of hell is not being able to sleep.
            Some years ago, when I stopped using a certain addictive substance, I slept very badly for 6 weeks. That was the worst part.

Sleep depravation is used as torture - I can see why!

Sally x
            P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
            life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
            Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

I too am an insomniac, I can function fine for a few weeks as long as i get 2 hours kip a night after a few weeks the fuzzyness sets in and i turn slightly pyhco:rolleyes: I have been known to go up to 4 days with no sleep at all.

I have never slept for more than 4 hours straight ever since I was a kid.

I went to asleep clinic a few years ago and they suggested turning off computers, tv's ect 2 hours before bed as these actually stimulate the brain. Guaranteed I am bored for a couple of hours every night!
              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

My lil un used to attend a sleep clinic she never used to sleep from being born......

Now i cant get out of bed in the morning...LOL

Comment

Don't mention sleep clinics, I took my son when he was a baby, what a waste of time that was.

Mocha, don't you read? there's nothing more relaxing than a good book and comfy bed, even if you don't sleep.

A tip if you find yourself getting wound up coz you can't drop off, concentrate really hard on relaxing your feet then work up your body, it's surprising how well it works and clears your mind of all those nasty thoughts that wind you up in the wee small hours.

I was fortunate enough to have the care of the university hositals neurology department and saw some very interesting videos of sleep problems - you wouldn't believe what some people get up to !(well tools probably would)

Comment

If I start reading I am done for! I love reading and have thousands of books but once I start I can not stop, I have been known to read many a book in one sitting!

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post

A tip if you find yourself getting wound up coz you can't drop off, concentrate really hard on relaxing your feet then work up your body, it's surprising how well it works and clears your mind of all those nasty thoughts that wind you up in the wee small hours.
                      will try that tonight.

I try the I can see, I can hear I can feel . Its a NLP technique doesnt work with me though cause i spend hours thinking about things i can hear see and feel....lol

Sends my partner off in a matter of minutes though

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I also suffer from patches of insomnia, the more you think about getting to sleep the less you actually manage to get! I am similar to tools in that I go for about 5/6days with little or no sleep then all of a sudden I can't wake up. The worst time for me was a couple of weeks ago, in a 7 day period I had about 13 hours... not nice, and I did go a bit loony with it too....
                        Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
                        For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
                        And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Sleep is the answer to everything......................

Sleep is a precious gift, a healing process..................

I am lucky, I could sleep on a washing line anywhere, anytime, because I dont take probs to bed with me, I leave em at the pooter. Lol xxxx
                          Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
                          Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
                          Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
                          Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
                          Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
                          Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
                          Natwest round 2
                          Abbey Round 2
                          Yorkshire Bank round 1
                          A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Comment

I suffer the opposite way, I can sleep at anytime, anywhere at all. In fact the friends and family are so used to it they take no notice whatsoever and leave me to it. If we are going for an evening out I have to have an hour or so nap in the afternoon just so I can stay awake the whole evening, so annoying it is. I'd love to be able to go the whole day through without a nap, perhaps I should move to Spain and join the land of the fiesta's or is that siesta's.

sapphire

Comment

aawww Sapphy take me with you

xxx hugs
                              scarlet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X