• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell chasing old Lloyds TSB current account debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell chasing old Lloyds TSB current account debt

Hi there,

I'm confused about what my options are and would be thankful for any help recieved.

Lowell are chasing me for £626.62 owed to Lloyds TSB.

I have sent a form letter to them requesting proof that the debt is not statute barred and they have sent me copies of transactions in the form of monthly statements, dating from 11.12.07 - 01.08.08. The last date on which I make a deposit into the account is 15.04.08 so I presume I cant go the statute barred route?

In light of my doubt on the debt being statute barred, I want to summarise my dealings with Lloyds TSB, as I at least on a personal level, feel that my real problem is them, and would much rather squeeze them for some of my money back:

- I requested a refund of £1765 + £213.70 (interest) from Lloyds TSB on 7.7.07, covering their charges for the period to that date, from 01.09.2001. I was deferred while the High Court case was being completed.
    - Depression meant that I never followed up the request for refund.
    - I have no info on my acccount activity from 7.7.07 - 11.12.07 (I suspect this period is also laden with massive charges)
    - From 11.12.07-01.08.08 (info sent by Lowell) my charges recieved, in monthly order, were as follows: £59.54, £28.50, £1.77, £140.55, £139.18, £167.57, £169.40 and finally £5.92 interest payment on the debt at which point they appear to actually stop charging me - yay, and close the account 1 year later on 26.05.09.
    - The total charges for this 7 month period are £706.51 / total income £518
    - I was living in my parents house, on sausage sandwiches and crunchy nut cornflakes, and pasta with mixed herbs on it.
    - I dont understand why the Unauthorised overdraft charge went from £38, to £138, to £165 over the months on the statements I've been sent.
    - Basically feel really hard done by and like I was very mistreated by this bank. It irks me really badly that they now send a debt collector for me to recover a debt made of pure charges.

edit: - I should point out that I tried very hard to sort this mess out and was constantly contacting Lloyds and making it clear that my debt was not intentional. They never helped me. If anything they helped to cause the problem to continue by refusing to stop charging me the overdraft fee - which was the only reason the account stayed in arrears each month.

Yours hopefully,

Keith
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X