• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please!!!

Hello, I am hoping someone can help.

I received a PCN from a private car park managed by Civil Enforcement Ltd. in May. I listened to the various rumours going round about the company and ignored it as it was an unfair ticket and from what I read I understood I should not accept liability. The ticket was unfair because in the particular car park you get 1.5hrs free parking and you then pay £1 per hour after that. I had never previously stayed longer than the free time, so when I came to pay at the station I typed in my reg code and the balance to pay came up as 0.00. I was confused, thought about it a bit and then decided that as I had been roughly an hour I would put a pound in anyway, so keyed in the reg again and paid, then left. I still have the ticket, which says I paid until 12.26. On the PCN the time stated was 09.44.28 to 12.28.54. So essentially I was 10 minutes out. The fact that the machine left it up to me to monitor the length of my stay and wasted time in confusing me with its nil balance and limited instructions on usage, plus the elapsed time between driving though the barrier and parking (it was a multi storey) and getting back to the car from the ticket machine and then exiting, leads me to believe it was an unfair ticket. I have since received numerous intimidating letters from Debt Recovery Plus, with the price escalating to £140. The latest letter offers me a reduced payment to avoid court proceedings of £112, to be paid no later than 5.12.13. My husband tells me to hold my nerve and ignore it, but I wrote asking for advice to AOS who advised me that I should have appealed within 28 days, and they suggest appealing (though not with much hope) or paying. I don't want to pay but I also don't want to be taken to court or have it hanging over my credit rating.

Any advice would be really appreciated. (sorry for the essay)
    Tags: None

Re: Advice please!!!

Sorry - copied this into the Civil Enforcement Ltd. post as well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X