• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim STRUCK OUT ! Marlin / Mortimer Clarke re: old EGG debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim STRUCK OUT ! Marlin / Mortimer Clarke re: old EGG debt

Hi all

Firstly, I got a cheque from Marlin for the full costs claimed which was duly cashed

2 years later and out of the blue I get a letter from Cabot Financial about the same debt - balance £16814.05

Presumably I send them a copy of the Order from the court

Do I need to say anything in the letter that I send with this?

I have had no other correspondence in relation to this since Marlin sent me the cheque for the costs

"We spoke to you a while ago" - several years ago possibly as they have been one of the any DCA's trying to chase me other the years or that could have been a debt with Barclaycard itself which was settled well over 10 years ago

I wondered who the 2 missed calls to my mobile number with no voicemail message left were from

I've been working really long hours at work so hadn't had chance to check up on the number

+443445560262 checks out as Cabot Financial

The debt could even be statute barred at this point - will check that as I know Cabot are known at chasing statue barred debts

I just wish this would all end. I am being harassed am I not? A criminal act under PHA 1997

More than a little annoyed and upset right now

Was straight onto finding all the documents then onto here to post having got home from work shortly before midnight

I was diagnosed with moderate anxiety and stress last year and currently going through a really bad patch. I really do not need this right now

Comment

As I know there were changes around consumer credit law in April 2014, I've just checked the Interim Permission Consumer Credit Register

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited
      Status = Lapsed

The FCA firm reference number, 677910 was not found

Comment

Kind of busy today/tomorrow, if nobody else offers an opinion i'll take a look Sun/Mon.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by pikachu View Post
          As I know there were changes around consumer credit law in April 2014, I've just checked the Interim Permission Consumer Credit

Register

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited
          Status = Lapsed

The FCA firm reference number, 677910 was not found
          There is it seems no problem with Cabot's " permissions" they operate under Cabot Financial Managements license.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            There is it seems no problem with Cabot's " permissions" they operate under Cabot Financial Managements license.

nem
            Thanks - thought that might be the case

Comment

The Cabot issue remains to be seen, as far as i am concerned, however it means hee haw in these circumstances.

You need to file AoS. You also need to contact the claimant and point out that it's a second bite at the cherry, inviting them to disappear down the hole from which they came or you'll make an application to get the court to stuff them back down it.

http://www.hardwicke.co.uk/insights/...from-sanctions

https://civillitigationbrief.wordpre...ance-decision/

M1

Comment

Thanks m1

I'll have to look at the links again when my brain is functioning after I've caught up on sleep. Too technical without sleep

At this stage, Cabot have sent only a standard friendly template DCA letter with an I&E to complete and send back

There is no threat of taking me to court. "We would like to help you"....

I'll post a copy of the letter as soon as I can

Comment

Just caught up in that Cabot bought Marlin / Mortimer Clarke

Others appear to have received almost identical letters

Comment

I thought you had a claim.

In that case i'd send a copy of the last one advising they were struck out and that they should go forth and multiply.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X