• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can we sue ATOS & DWP to stop their victimisation of my son-in-law?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can we sue ATOS & DWP to stop their victimisation of my son-in-law?

Originally posted by VF700fen View Post
    Thanks Amethyst. I initially thought their site was down but "Down forever or just me" says no that the access problem is my end. Traceroute works like a charm but I cannot view the Blacktriangle site in any browser, so I guess they must have an IP block on an IP range that they just implemented and I am caught in it.
    Alternatively, Blacktriangle may have been improperly reported to the Internet Watch Foundation or Cleanfeed as being a "hate" site, so your ISP is blocking it.

Who is your service provider?

Comment

If the site is blocked by one's ISP playing at Silly Buggers, go to http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html and use their free proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        If the site is blocked by one's ISP playing at Silly Buggers, go to http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html and use their free proxy.
        Thank you for this link goes straight in from there. My ISP is Virginmedia so you could be right about the pranks

Comment

Thank you - Petition signed

Comment

Thank you for this link goes straight in from there. My ISP is Virginmedia so you could be right about the pranks
            Virgin Media has a history of blundering. Not surprising when you realise who their MD was.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
              Virgin Media has a history of blundering. Not surprising when you realise who their MD was.
              Don't they use Cleanfeed?

Comment

It probably wasn't a prank - it may be or have been deliberate censorship by means of a false report to the Internet Watch Foundation which adds "suspect" sites to the Cleanfeed list for blocking.

http://wiki.openrightsgroup.org/wiki/Cleanfeed

http://wiki.openrightsgroup.org/wiki...pions_incident

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news...-website-81989

Of course, BT claimed it was not their fault and that it was the result of what the hosting company had done, but that "explanation" does not seem to clarify why it was possible for BT customers to access the Black Triangle vis a proxy server or by using the TOR network.

Joseph Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler would be proud of the current kakistocracy that pretends to govern the UK.

Comment

Still no decision from the team at DWP who look at things again but my daughter was told that with luck a decision should be made by Tuesday next week. So another week of biding our time.

My SIL went for Nerve conduction studies today for his Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Result!

Severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands with nerve damage in his fingers. Also nerve damage extending from his Cervical spine to his arms the extent of which will only become apparent on MRI scanning.

Referral to Orthopaedic consultant for surgical intervention.

I have not seen the Atos report but from what my daughter read me this morning, the Atos examiner has lied through her back teeth. She made my SIL wait for over 20 mins in an empty waiting room then made him walk right to the end of the corridor past all the empty waiting rooms to the very end one. Because of this he scored Nil for walking ability - nevermind when the spinal inflammation gets so bad that he cannot move.

My daughter had to go back out for Jamies meds - she claims no meds were brought in.

Jamie was asked to raise his arm up and back over his shoulder towards his opposite shoulder blade. He was barely able to touch the back of his head, but according to the examiner he could reach down his back.

She claims Jamie has full use of his hands and walked out with his hands in his back pockets (apparently fetched his keys out of them). Jamie never puts his hands in his pockets and only ever has his keys in his front pocket.

He apparently has perfect hip flexion - but his previous XRays show that is one hip is totally fused.

Apparently Jamie has minimal problems with his reflexes. She hit his knees and elbows several times with a hammer and could not get any movement whatsoever.

All her questions were "on a good day can you do this" - frigging hell of course you can do stuff on a good day but that does not take account of the bad days.

OMG I am going to enjoy taking this nurse who has forgotten the principals of the hypocratic oath out of service via her Nursing council. And when I do I sincerely hope she never gets another nursing job anywhere near human beings. If I have my way I will have her struck off.

Comment

Still no decision from the team at DWP who look at things again but my daughter was told that with luck a decision should be made by Tuesday next week. So another week of biding our time.

My SIL went for Nerve conduction studies today for his Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Result! Having had an NCS myself in connection with tests leading up to a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, your SIL has my sympathy. It is not a very pleasant procedure to have performed upon you. An EMG (Electromyograph) is not pleasant either.

Severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands with nerve damage in his fingers. Also nerve damage extending from his Cervical spine to his arms the extent of which will only become apparent on MRI scanning. That is not surprising.

Referral to Orthopaedic consultant for surgical intervention.

I have not seen the Atos report but from what my daughter read me this morning, the Atos examiner has lied through her back teeth. She made my SIL wait for over 20 mins in an empty waiting room then made him walk right to the end of the corridor past all the empty waiting rooms to the very end one. Because of this he scored Nil for walking ability - never mind when the spinal inflammation gets so bad that he cannot move This is one of the "dirty tricks" they try and then lie through their teeth in the report. In the report they did on me, they said I was walking normally, despite the fact I was using a walking stick and my sister was with me at all times.

My daughter had to go back out for Jamies meds - she claims no meds were brought in.

Jamie was asked to raise his arm up and back over his shoulder towards his opposite shoulder blade. He was barely able to touch the back of his head, but according to the examiner he could reach down his back. Is muscle-wasting in evidence? If so, this would explain the limited range of movement. Also, damage to the rotator cuff should not be ruled out.

She claims Jamie has full use of his hands and walked out with his hands in his back pockets (apparently fetched his keys out of them). Jamie never puts his hands in his pockets and only ever has his keys in his front pocket.

He apparently has perfect hip flexion - but his previous X-Rays show that is one hip is totally fused.

Apparently Jamie has minimal problems with his reflexes. She hit his knees and elbows several times with a hammer and could not get any movement whatsoever. That happens with Fibromyalgia. It is called Nerve Damage. What did this ATOS nurse expect, a bloody miracle?

All her questions were "on a good day can you do this" - frigging hell of course you can do stuff on a good day but that does not take account of the bad day.

This nurse is at risk of one of the following -

a. compulsory re-training in nursing;
                    b. compulsory working under supervision;
                    c. suspension of their fitness to practice;
                    d. name struck from the register (struck off)

or a combination thereof. Any assessment should be based on what your SIL is on most days, not just on a good day.

OMG I am going to enjoy taking this nurse who has forgotten the principals of the hipocratic oath out of service via her Nursing council. And when I do I sincerely hope she never gets another nursing job anywhere near human beings. If I have my way I will have her struck off.
                    I would advise you to go along the following route as regards this nurse -

a. Formal complaint to ATOS;
                    b. Formal complaint to DWP;
                    c. Formal complaint to NMC Fitness to Practice Section

Your SIL should ask DWP for the decision-making notes ATOS provided to them in connection with your SIL's WCA. Use an SAR for this, if you have not already done so.

Have you considered asking a legal professional to put pressure on the disingenuous creeps at ATOS and the DWP? Also, the media can make ATOS and DWP feel pretty uncomfortable.

Comment

Jamie was asked to raise his arm up and back over his shoulder towards his opposite shoulder blade. He was barely able to touch the back of his head, but according to the examiner he could reach down his back. Is muscle-wasting in evidence? If so, this would explain the limited range of movement. Also, damage to the rotator cuff should not be ruled out.
                      According to the examiner "No". But Jamie, his dad, his grandfather etc are all very stocky muscular people. If this woman had seen Jamie 7-8 years ago when he was working the construction industry by day and bouncing by night, she would have realised just what muscles were. Jamie used to have the build of a body builder and arms like Popeye. Physically his muscles are now probably half the size - so what we know as him having muscle wastage she would not necessarily recognise.

At the moment the waiting around for the DWP decision is driving me scatty but the last thing we want is to give them warning of the shitstorm that is coming their way.

I tried tracing the nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery site but kept coming up a blank. She has a very unusual surname but nothing turns up.

"A, B & C" are already on my spreadsheet of things to action.

BB - Would you mind if I put up the SAR's for DWP and Atos for you to have a look at? I shall leave all names off of course, but would appreciate it if you could scan them and make sure I have asked for all that is needed.

Whether or not these people decide to put my SIL back on benefits or decline his review, the SAR's will still get served and we intend to take his as far as is needed because they will never leave him alone otherwise.

Have you considered asking a legal professional to put pressure on the disingenuous creeps at ATOS and the DWP? Also, the media can make ATOS and DWP feel pretty uncomfortable.
                      On that score I would not know where to start. In some ways I wish this was the USA and a whole group of us could bring a class action suit because I think that is probably the one way to really make a big difference.

Comment

According to the examiner "No". But Jamie, his dad, his grandfather etc are all very stocky muscular people. If this woman had seen Jamie 7-8 years ago when he was working the construction industry by day and bouncing by night, she would have realised just what muscles were. Jamie used to have the build of a body builder and arms like Popeye. Physically his muscles are now probably half the size - so what we know as him having muscle wastage she would not necessarily recognise. Having worked with adults and children with muscle-wasting conditions, you cannot mistake its signs, symptoms and consequences. If this nurse is supposed to be a "Disability Analyst", she should know or ought to know the signs, symptoms and consequences of muscle-wasting. Do Jamie's muscles feel like a balloon filled with water or flabby when pinched between the thumb and forefinger? If so, that is a sign of muscle-wasting and this nurse should know the signs and record them, not ignore them.

At the moment the waiting around for the DWP decision is driving me scatty but the last thing we want is to give them warning of the shitstorm that is coming their way. Sensible.

I tried tracing the nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery site but kept coming up a blank. She has a very unusual surname but nothing turns up. Can't remember, but have you contacted NMC and confirmed this nurse is authorised to practice in the UK?

"A, B & C" are already on my spreadsheet of things to action. Good.

BB - Would you mind if I put up the SAR's for DWP and Atos for you to have a look at? I shall leave all names off of course, but would appreciate it if you could scan them and make sure I have asked for all that is needed. Certainly.

Whether or not these people decide to put my SIL back on benefits or decline his review, the SAR's will still get served and we intend to take his as far as is needed because they will never leave him alone otherwise.

On that score I would not know where to start. In some ways I wish this was the USA and a whole group of us could bring a class action suit because I think that is probably the one way to really make a big difference. ATOS is banned from operating in a number of US states and Mainland European countries because of their behaviour.
                        Responses in red text.

Comment

Having worked with adults and children with muscle-wasting conditions, you cannot mistake its signs, symptoms and consequences. If this nurse is supposed to be a "Disability Analyst", she should know or ought to know the signs, symptoms and consequences of muscle-wasting. Do Jamie's muscles feel like a balloon filled with water or flabby when pinched between the thumb and forefinger? If so, that is a sign of muscle-wasting and this nurse should know the signs and record them, not ignore them.
                          To be quite honest I really do not know - never tried doing that

Can't remember, but have you contacted NMC and confirmed this nurse is authorised to practice in the UK?
                          I haven't as yet. My daughter gave me her name over the phone tonight - I don't think that it was typed because she was having difficulty making it out so it is possible she mis-spelled it. I do know though that I shall be asking for her NMC registration number as well as her formal qualifications. Atos will probably quote chapter and verse about the Data Prot Act and their nurse's rights but if a phone call is what it takes then up goes the phone bill. I want to know exactly what kind of nurse has no heart.

Most people cannot help but go on the net and leave a footprint a mile wide. I have run several permutations of Killin-Carslyon / Killen-Carslyon/ Killen-Carlyon and nada. No references for social media, mentions in print etc

Comment

the Atos examiner has lied through her back teeth.
                            That is what they are trained to do.

He apparently has perfect hip flexion - but his previous XRays show that is one hip is totally fused.
                            The saints be praised - another ATOS miracle!

Apparently Jamie has minimal problems with his reflexes. She hit his knees and elbows several times with a hammer and could not get any movement whatsoever.
                            My report had a different version of that lie. When there was no response from my left knee (due to diabetic neuropathy) the so-called "nurse practitioner" decided not to test my other reflexes, then stated that she did not attempt any more reflex tests because I was wearing two pairs of trousers. Apart from the simple fact that I wasn't, how might that interfere with testing my elbows or my feet?

OMG I am going to enjoy taking this nurse who has forgotten the principles of the hypocratic oath out of service via her Nursing council. And when I do I sincerely hope she never gets another nursing job anywhere near human beings. If I have my way I will have her struck off.
                            They do not need to swear or affirm to uphold the Hypocratic Oath in the UK.

However, it is grossly unprofessional not to make accurate notes about a patient.

Comment

I tried tracing the nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery site but kept coming up a blank. She has a very unusual surname but nothing turns up.
                              That does seem to suggest she is not registered to work in the UK and therefore should not have been employed by ATOS.

More than that, if ATOS were found to have been using "healthcare professionals" not registered to work in the UK, they may have broken their contract with the DWP and may even have broken the law.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                That does seem to suggest she is not registered to work in the UK and therefore should not have been employed by ATOS.

More than that, if ATOS were found to have been using "healthcare professionals" not registered to work in the UK, they may have broken their contract with the DWP and may even have broken the law.
                                You have made a very valid point there, Cloggy. Indeed, if ATOS has used a healthcare professional who is not registered or permitted to practice in the UK, it is not at all unlikely that ATOS has broken the law. In addition to that, the decision made by the DWP Decision Maker would, in all probability, be invalid. Any report DWP relies on must be written by a healthcare professional who is registered and authorised to practice in the UK.

One other question I would ask is, "Did ATOS and DWP have copies of reports from Jamie's GP and hospital consultants?" If the DWP did and the Decision Maker placed greater weight on the report written by a nurse than that written by a Consultant Rheumatologist, that is an Error in Law, per se. They know that, but you will find some DWP employees are not beyond lying to the SSAT that there is no Error in Law.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X