• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi,

I've got another CE Ltd enquiry. Not as straightforward as some however.

I won't bore you with the full details yet because I could easily be wrong and would therefore be embarrassed!

Can you tell me if companies like CE Ltd have an obligation to tell you on whose land you were parked on when they issue a PCN? I was parked in a car park but was given a road name only. There could easily have been multiple places to park on said road for all I know.

I received my PCN via post following a holiday. My memory of where I was parked was a little hazy as it was a week later and I had been a tourist in an unfamiliar town. I had no recollection of parking anywhere wrong or for anything like the time indicated on the PCN (4.5 hrs). I checked CE out online, including this site and was duly concerned by their reputation!

Following this I wrote to CE asking for evidence but also wanting to know whose land it was so I could confirm in my own mind that I could have been parked where they alleged. When they replied I was still not told. I wasn't particularly happy with the "evidence" (dodgy looking ANPR data) either but that's another matter. I ultimately appealed via POPLA and lost. CE provided the details of the landowner at appeal of course.

Now I have a demand for £90 rather than £45 because of the time that has elapsed, basically because I chose to appeal. My only hope is that CE ought to have provided the information requested prior to appeal in which case I would probably not have wasted my time with the appeal at all.

Thanks

John
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd

If they are pursuing you as the registered keeper then yes they do. If they are chasing you as driver then no they don't.

It seems you wasted your popla appeal as had you refuted that the loss was a genuine pre estimate of loss you'd have won.

Cel do do court but the actual trials aren't proceeded to all that often as they don't want to lose.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. I don't understand the ..genuine pre estimate of loss... grounds but get your message. Seems unfair to me that I should have to pay a parking fine without being explicitly told where my car was parked or have any photo evidence. It's all done on the trusting assumption that CE are honest and upright and that the ANPR works and I should just take their word that there was adequate signage etc.

Comment

I wouldn't pay them anyway but you have to understand you might have to defend a court claim if you choose that route.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X