• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

is there anyone that can help me plz, council tax and rundles bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there anyone that can help me plz, council tax and rundles bailiffs

To cuta long story short I owe the council £400, I got a letter from rundles bailiffs asking me to call which I did, he went onto say I now owe £700 because he has added his charges!! he must think im silly! Anyway I know if I pay in full to the council all I will owe him is £24.50 for his letter through the door visit, but, the council will not accept my payment and have told me to deal with the bailiff? Surely if im offering to pay in full theyhave to accept?
    Thankyou in advance for any replys, im so worried he is going to take my car if I refuse to pay up or let him in my house. X
    Tags: None

Re: is there anyone that can help me plz, council tax amd rundles bailiffs

Originally posted by charlie55 View Post
    To cuta long story short I owe the council £400, I got a letter from rundles bailiffs asking me to call which I did, he went onto say I now owe £700 because he has added his charges!! he must think im silly! Anyway I know if I pay in full to the council all I will owe him is £24.50 for his letter through the door visit, but, the council will not accept my payment and have told me to deal with the bailiff? Surely if im offering to pay in full theyhave to accept?
    Thankyou in advance for any replys, im so worried he is going to take my car if I refuse to pay up or let him in my house. X
    Pay it in including the visit fee using the online system, they cannot refuse it that way. You could get them council muppet on the desk to sign and date a refusal, as it is unlawful for them to refuse a payment. may come in if you need to do a complaint about Bumbles & co

Comment

I did think about paying it via the automated phone line, wasnt sure if id get in trouble or not as they have already said no, will do that or do it online plus 24.50 for the bailiff, once ive done this do I just tell the bailiff to pee off? X

Comment

I did think about paying it via the automated phone line, wasnt sure if id get in trouble or not as they have already said no, will do that or do it online plus 24.50 for the bailiff, once ive done this do I just tell the bailiff to pee off? X
        The local authority cannot prevent you from making a payment or series of payments to them in order to clear CT arrears, as to do so would put them in breach of the law.

You can pay any lawful fees to which the bailiffs are due to the local authority via their automated payment system. You will need to contact the local authority once you have done this so they are aware. You will also need to let Rundles know and tell them that they will need to apply to the local authority for their fees. This is likely to pee them off, but as long as you have paid lawful fees to the local authority for them to pass on to Rundles there is very little Rundles can do about it.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help. These bailiffs do a good job of scarring the crap out of people! X

Comment

Won't the oaf also try to insist on payment of his unlawful fees?

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help. These bailiffs do a good job of scaring the crap out of people! X
              They also talk crap as well.

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help. These bailiffs do a good job of scarring the crap out of people! X
                Just think how much you've saved on laxatives. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  I wouldn't put anything past some certificated bailiffs. There are some who should never have been granted certificates.

Comment

What does this mean :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

It means that he couldn't possibly charge £300 in lawful fees even if the oaf had added in the date!

Comment

It means that he couldn't possibly charge £300 in lawful fees even if the oaf had added in the date!
                        It means do as suggested, pay the council and then if and when the bailiff calls again you can tell him to go away as he has no business with you, you could ruin his day by filming him and telling him he will be on YouTube later and just like there is no law that forces you to deal with a bailiff, especially one trying to overcharge you with dodgy fees, there is no law that says you can''t film him and show his shenanigans on YouTube

Comment

would advise putting a notice at the edge of the property worded in a similar way to teh following .

Any person entering these prermises may be filmed or recorded. The householder reserves teh right to the film or recording in any way they please .

Comment

Lol, ts been paid and ive phoned the council to let them know, she remimded me of our earlier conversation and that I was told that I had to deal with the bailiffs and having a right old moan at me so I read out......The local authority cannot prevent you from making a payment or series of payments to them in order to clear CT arrears, as to do so would put them in breach of the law. (thanks bluebottle!!!!) Ive never heard someone shut up so quick in my life, brilliant Love u guys!

Comment

Did you get her name if so make a complaint about her

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X