• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Simply Be asking for proof that I have been into hsoptal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply Be asking for proof that I have been into hsoptal

Hi,
    Whilst creating my Debt Management plan and budget I have contacted the various companies explaining that I will be making an offer of payment to them shortly. Also apologising for the fact that I have not responded to their letters as I have had a stay in hospital after a break down and am trying to get my life together but am now living back at my home address. I also asked for all future charges and interest to be froze on the accounts. I have had a response from Simply Be stating that they will place the accounts on hold until the 16th December and if I wanted them to consider removing the recent charges from this account I must send them a doctors letter confirming my hospital stay or an admission / discharge document!! They then assured me that this is a normal request ! I promptly got on the defensive as I feel this is an unwanted intrusion into my private affairs and replied that as I was not requesting they remove recent charges from my account and have accepted these charges in my debt management plan therefore I failed to see what relevance this was to them to request that they intrude upon my private and personal information and want to see part of my medical records. I thanked them for their patience in this matter and said that if I felt it was relevant to the future payments I would be making to them then I would send them any letters or knowledge of appointments that I have with the hospital as I am due for a series of operation to my eyes so if that affected my ability to keep up my payments to them I would let them know and send medical proof if I was too incapacitated to forward the payments. Is this correct though? Can they demand top see medical proof? I feel as if I have crawled from under a stone and am being treated as a sub standard human being. Being in debt is bad enough but to be questioned by a stranger and asked for private medical records is a bit too far an intrusion when I am trying to sort a payment out to them.
    Tags: None

Re: Simply Be asking for proof that I have been into hsoptal

They can demand what they want ,you can give them what u want to give them.

Comment

Do the oafs also expect prior advance notice, in writing, if you are to suffer another breakdown? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyann View Post
        I have had a response from Simply Be stating that they will place the accounts on hold until the 16th December and if I wanted them to consider removing the recent charges from this account I must send them a doctors letter confirming my hospital stay or an admission/discharge document!
        ... replied that as I was not requesting they remove recent charges from my account and have accepted these charges in my debt management plan.
        Given that they appear to be offering to take the charges off, it might be to your advantage to play ball. If you don't want to, and would rather pay the extra, then you are at liberty to refuse.

Comment

A different take on the above: have you considered sending them a CCA request? Most of those catalogue companies never required customers to sign a credit agreement in the first place. Without one, the debt would be unenforceable and this would work to your advantage. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X