• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL National Parking Control Letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL National Parking Control Letter received

Hi,

I received a parking charge from Civil Enforcement Limited. I was abroad for the date of the ticket. A family member must have been using my car. I ignored the original letter and thought nothing of it. I have now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for a larger sum of money to be payed by a date or they will recommend the creditors (CEL) solicitor to take court action. Can anyone please give me some advice as how to proceed.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

Daughter has a National Parking Control letter =

To-day received for a so called incident dated 06/09/2013 for parking in a church car park, The notice is headed:-

PARKING CHARGE
    Civil Enforcement Notice 1

>>Fixed Parking Charge .

for £100 or £60 if paid in 14 days.

Civil enforcement by private company????????????

just two camera pictures but no time or date mentioned within the picture area (could of been taken at any time?)

Warning legal action MAY be taken for unpaid tickets.

here we go again = about time people brought back the rope for these thieves who rent out signs and sit back to receive money by deception and pay £15.00 per customer for reporting people like this.

Comment

Originally posted by HypnoDuck View Post
      Hi,

I received a parking charge from Civil Enforcement Limited. I was abroad for the date of the ticket. A family member must have been using my car. I ignored the original letter and thought nothing of it. I have now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for a larger sum of money to be payed by a date or they will recommend the creditors (CEL) solicitor to take court action. Can anyone please give me some advice as how to proceed.

Thanks.

Send them the name and address of the driver. This means they no longer have the right to pursue the registered keeper and that they have to start from scratch with the driver. The driver can then appeal which will most likely get refused, get a popla code so they can lodge a good popla appeal such as this and win.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Daughter has a National Parking Control letter =

To-day received for a so called incident dated 06/09/2013 for parking in a church car park, The notice is headed:-

PARKING CHARGE
        Civil Enforcement Notice 1

>>Fixed Parking Charge .

for £100 or £60 if paid in 14 days.

Civil enforcement by private company????????????

just two camera pictures but no time or date mentioned within the picture area (could of been taken at any time?)

Warning legal action MAY be taken for unpaid tickets.

here we go again = about time people brought back the rope for these thieves who rent out signs and sit back to receive money by deception and pay £15.00 per customer for reporting people like this.

Appeal, popla, win.

Simples.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Send them the name and address of the driver. This means they no longer have the right to pursue the registered keeper and that they have to start from scratch with the driver. The driver can then appeal which will most likely get refused, get a popla code so they can lodge a good popla appeal such as this and win.

M1
          Can you tell me who I should tell Debt recovery plus or Civil En. Ltd.
          Then, I will proceed as you have suggested and report back.

Many Thanks.

Hypno

Comment

Originally posted by HypnoDuck View Post
            Can you tell me who I should tell Debt recovery plus or Civil En. Ltd.
            Then, I will proceed as you have suggested and report back.

Many Thanks.

Hypno
            Tell Cel.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X