• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

birth certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birth certificate

Hi there,

I hope someone is able to offer me some advice. Without going into the whole story i became a father to an amazing little boy nearly two years ago.
    Although his Mum is now letting me see him, when he was born i didnt know anything about it but also i found it really hard to get an arrangement to see him.
    Things have become a lot easier now and i get regular contact but i feel i am forever walking on eggshells on not to say the wrong thing.
    I did have a DNA test done so i have no issues about anything like that but i have never been named on the birth certificate and would really like this.
    ALso id really like to get something agreed as to when i can see him as last xmas things seemed to be going well and then she disappeared for 3 months.

Its very difficult as things are going well at the moment but i dont want for something to happen so i dont see him again.

Many Thanks for your help and advice.
    Tags: None

Re: birth certificate

Hiya, Sorry it isn't something I know very much about (I'm pretty sure others will have better info for you later) for now I got this info for you from the gov website

Parents aren’t married

If you want the father’s name on the birth record, fill in an ‘Application for the re-registration of a child’s birth’ form and take it to the register office.

If one of you can’t be there, that person also needs to fill in a ‘Statutory declaration of acknowledgement of parentage’ form and send it to the General Register Office.

A Declaration of Parentage is when the court decides who the father of a baby is. You don’t need to do anything to change the birth record if there’s been a Declaration of Parentage made by a court. The court will tell the General Register Office and the birth will be re-registered. You’ll need to order a new birth certificate if you want one.

https://www.gov.uk/adding-fathers-na...th-certificate

I can understand the treading on eggshells bit, I assume broaching the subject of being added to your son's birth certificate will be difficult and might cause the mother to panic and withdraw access again? - having your name on the birth certificate isn't going to change anything, and if you want set access to your son then you will, if things aren't working out with a private arrangement, need to get a contact order through the courts.

Are you making child maintenance payments to the child's mother ?

Gingerbread might have some good information for you and have a fact sheet with loads of contacts on for help and advice - http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/FactSh...heetid=18&ref= They also have a help line for parents Freephone 0808 802 0925
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X