• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motorcycle Impounded at fault of DVLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Impounded at fault of DVLA

Hi, I've just returned back from a business trip to find my motorcycle had been impounded by NSL services limited in Croydon for the last 5 days.

I called the pound (extremely rude and combative) who were are holding my bike ransom and told me my bike would be disposed of in the next few days if I don't cough up £500 and a valid tax disc. I then visited the post office with the slip I received when I purchased the bike to try and renew the tax but I was told that I'd need proof of insurance and my V5. Unfortunately I've still not received my V5 documentation or Tax renewal notices which I need to supply before the bike can be released.

The DVLA who informed be that a block was mistakenly put on my V5 from being sent out due to an error on there part and this is why I have not received it. I've now been told by the DVLA it could take up to another 4-5 days to get the block lifted and tax sorted, meanwhile its costing me ~£27 per day and I'll need to get over £500 together just to release my bike which was by no fault of my own impounded.

Aside from having to deal with the rude and contact at the impound, I finally managed to extract the information from her she can release the bike if I have get the bike taxed but if must have private land I can put it on it will get clamped again.

This has caused all sorts of issues with being busy at work and not to mention the ridiculous amount of phone calls and run around at no fault of my own.

Please help as its a catch 22 and I'm afraid my bike will be disposed of at no direct fault of my own as Im unable to get it taxed without the block being removed and therefore released and I'm not sure what my options are even if I pay the + £500 which I don't think I should be out of pocket for.

Many thanks,
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X