• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors regulation authorities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors regulation authorities

As anyone had dealt with Sra? SOLICITORS REGULATION AUTORITY..
    Do they help....My impression dealing with sra is that I am the victim but treated as its my fault!
    Is there a solicitor who will act in the recovery of my asset? should I report it to the police? Should I take criminal action, bring it to public attention
    Looking for independent unbais advise
    My loss is far more than the maximum compensation available

beingDUN
    Tags: None

Re: Solicitors regulation authorities

Originally posted by beingDUN View Post
    Do they help....My impression dealing with sra is that I am the victim but treated as its my fault!
    Is there a solicitor who will act in the recovery of my asset? should I report it to the police? Should I take criminal action, bring it to public attention

beingDUN

I have had some personal experience dealing with the SRA but cannot give you any advice without more details about your complaint.

Obviously you believe you have an issue with a solicitor that needs investigating and if your claim is worth more than what the maximum compensation limit is for the SRA then you need a solicitor to look into it for you. If the solicitor finds issues that need reporting to the SRA then they will do that for you.

Please try to give as much information here as you feel is necessary and I will try to help you.

Comment

It does depend on what it is. The SRA has a Fraud Intelligence Unit that works closely with police forces.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

beingDUN
        Have you considered going to the Legal Ombudsman?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          Have you considered going to the Legal Ombudsman?

The LO is the right way to go but first the OP must first request their files from the solicitor.

If the solicitor refuses to release the files then you have to make a formal written complaint to the firm of solicitors to which they have 7 days to acknowledge the complaint and up to 8 weeks to respond to the complaint before the LO will get involved.

I am currently in the process of doing the same thing now with regards to my own case.

Comment

Before sending this letter you have to specifically request your files from the firm involved.

Example formal complaint letter template

Name of the person you are writing to
            Name of the law firm
            Building number and street name
            Town
            County
            Postcode

Your name
            House/ flat/ building number and street name
            Town
            County
            Postcode
            Your telephone number Today’s date

Formal complaint against [name of lawyer or law firm]

Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms [name of the law firm contact]

I am writing to make a formal complaint against [name of lawyer]. My complaint is that they failed to provide me with a satisfactory service when …

• describe what the lawyer had been hired to do for you [for example dealing with the sale or purchase of a house]
            • say when this was [give the date or dates when the problem occurred].

My complaint is that [list what you think went wrong or wasn’t done properly. Be as clear as you can. It can help to make it short and to the point]…
            • •

This situation has caused me [describe the impact this issue has had on you, your family or others who have been affected by the problem]…
            • •

In my view, you should …. [describe what you think the lawyer should do to put things right. Apologise? Return documents they’ve been holding on to? Do more work to put things right? Pay you some money to compensate you for something you have lost or had to pay for as a result of their poor service?].
            • •

I understand that you are required to respond formally to my complaint. I shall follow up this letter if I do not hear back from you by [give a date in about seven days’ time]. In the meantime, if you need any further information from me, please [telephone me on the above number/ write to me at the address shown].

I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Yours sincerely

Sign your name and write or print it out again underneath

Comment

beingDUN
              Hello and to Legal Beagles.

Can you tell us a bit more about what is the basis of your grievance against your solicitor?

As EXC says you should be able to resolve this issue through the Legal Ombudsman (a free redress system) if you became "aware" of the problem within the last 12 months. Here's how to progress your complaint:

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/consumer/

Comment

As anyone had dealt with Sra? SOLICITORS REGULATION AUTORITY.. who will act in the recovery of my asset?

Was/is this a property repossession issue I may be able to help if that is/was the case

Comment

Broadly the Legal Ombudsman deals with service issues and the Solicitors Regulation Authority handles conduct issues. Where complaints to the Ombudsman contain elements of questionable conduct they are automatically forwarded to SRA, at least in theory.

Comment

Apologies for not responding earlier as I was not in a position to account my situation This matter as been going on from 2002 -2009 and being defrauded by 3 solicitors to of which 2 intervention was carried out. It involves 4 sales 2 purchases and 2 remortgages.I now realize I was subjected to ID fraud and the fraudulent action by solicitors.I was not able to deal with this matter to to my mental condition.
                    I have been waiting for Sra caseworker and was told it will sometime in January. A few days ago I received an email that it was not me being referred in the finding and close the case.They have not asked for any document or accounts.The information correspond to my transaction and it clearly matches there finding.I consider there behaviors with contempt as this as being going from 2002 i was never contacted.

Comment

Yes! they seem more caring which I in contact together with FSA FSO Land registry CML any other avenue available
                      cheers

Comment

During that period I have to deal with 22 eviction notice which I paid as there was mortgages taken out without my knowledge 4 sales two completed purchases using my fund and completed by solicitors and there and two remortgages which.I discovered the broker I dealt with in 2000 was convicted of mortgage fraud in 2005 and was sentenced to 30months.I have been disputing with solicitors for years who continues to not address my complaint

Comment

This matter as continued from 2001-2009 with 3 fraudulent and 3 solicitors whom failed to progress and failure to follow instruction.I was aware at the time but suffered a breakdown and was not able to deal with any matter until recently I decided if was not my fault but a VICTIM

Comment

I recently requested my file but was told to pay £50 +vat which i had to laugh as there is large monies not accounted for they seem to answer my question. Final letter going out and delivered by hand.
                            I sent a letter six month to another solicitors to address a letter which was sent 2010 and stated they have no knowledge of the letter and even stated it was sent recorded and continue to deny,polite letter will be sent by hand why they haven't responded to my letter 6 months ago its now will be used as evidence as failure to follow instruction failure to progress.They failed to have the judgement set aside and suffered severe loss on a property transaction the good news another solicitor purchase that property which there is conflict of interest

Comment

Which solicitors are they?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X