• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Statutory Demand letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Statutory Demand letter received

Hi all

Today I received in the post that notice of statutory demand will be issued against me next week.

Apparently someone called to my house earlier this week whilst I was at work and they intend to call back with the SD at a certain time.

I am currently paying off debts via two management plans and I'm uncertain exactly what debt this relates to.

Should I wait until I receive the SD, and will it have all the relevant info in regards to what debt it is and who is owed?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of Statutory Demand letter received

Was the letter from BW Legal by any chance

Comment

Fortius Legal, Harrogate

Comment

To try and arm yourself with a little information before the SD arrives it might be worthwhile to list out your debts as often it is straightforward to spot which ones may be going to SD despite the debt management programmes you have set up. At the minute we are seeing many Lloyds loans/credit cards etc being bought by Lowell. Fortius seems to have taken over some of Lowells work.

Who are your debt management plans being run through or are you dealing with them yourself ? and why two ?

Have you ever sent CCA requests to any of your creditors ?

Are there any of your creditors particularly that continue sending letters asking for money despite the DMP arrangements ?

Forewarned is forearmed so it doesn't hurt to try suss out which debt it could be and start collecting any relevant paperwork you might have.

As they have decided to issue a Stat Demand I presume you own your home?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by ASL3212 View Post
          Fortius Legal, Harrogate
          At least their name suggests the past tense. :grin:

Comment

My payment plans are to Lowell and Enact. 2 different arrangements that I sorted myself for 2 separate debts.

Ive never sent a CCA request although I have recently sent a 'prove it' letter to a company called Mercantile Data Bureau who have recently been in touch.

I suspect it is them who are behind the SD.

Comment

My payment plans are to Lowell and Enact. 2 different arrangements that I sorted myself for 2 separate debts.

Ive never sent a CCA request although I have recently sent a 'prove it' letter to a company called Mercantile Data Bureau who have recently been in touch.

It's very likely to be Lowell, as they just issue SDs like confetti!

Luckily, Celestine, the site owner, has an outstanding track record beating them to a pulp!

You may want to read this: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

...and some good news: :bounce: :whoo:

Comment

a company called Mercantile Data Bureau who have recently been in touch.

Mercantile Data Bureau are an offshoot of dlc debt collectors who are wholly owned by Hillesden Securities who have purchased loads of Lloyds debts recently including a whole portfolio of Blackhorse Lloyds TSB personal loans.

Does that ring any bells

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Mercantile Data Bureau are an offshoot of dlc debt collectors who are wholly owned by Hillesden Securities who have purchased loads of Lloyds debts recently including a whole portfolio of Blackhorse Lloyds TSB personal loans.

Does that ring any bells

It will be Welcome Finance, I've been passed around between Mackenzie Hall, Hillsden, DLC and now these MDB.

Lowell are currently hassling me to increase my payments too though.

Comment

It will be Welcome Finance, I've been passed around between Mackenzie Hall, Hillsden, DLC and now these MDB.

Lowell are currently hassling me to increase my payments too though.
                    Do you mean your Welcome Finance account is now with Lowell? Hillesden/dlc/MDB aren't known for issuing SDs.

Comment

No, Lowell are being paid re Barclaycard and I've been in a plan for well over a year with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        arm yourself with a little information before the SD arrives it might be worthwhile to list out your debts as often it is straightforward to spot which ones may be going to SD despite the debt management programmes you have set up. . . .Forewarned is forearmed so it doesn't hurt to try suss out which debt it could be and start collecting any relevant paperwork you might have.
                        Take Amethyst's advice and try to speculate which debt this may relate to before things get nasty. At this moment in time you have not been served with a statutory demand. A section 78 request to the right creditor maybe all it takes to fend off this threat.

Comment

A section 78 is a SAR yes?

Comment

No, it is a request for a copy agreement under s77/8 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, not a SAR.

There are various templates on the forum.

Need to know what the debt is and who it is for first, as depending on what debts you have it may not even be a CCA regulated one.

Comment

On the other hand, if MacKenzie Hall have owned it and got nowhere, it may well be statute barred or otherwise unenforceable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X