• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cold weather payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather payments

does anyone have any idea who i contact about cold weather payments?

ive just checked and it says no cold weather triggers in my area,yet for the past 5 days it has been in the minis from about 5pmish....10pm last night it was -4!

its the same every year,was -10 here last year for days and we got nothing. can't afford to be topping up my gas at all let alone every day
    Tags: None

Re: cold weather payments

The info is on the cold weather payment webpage it tells you if your area qualifies and if you have claimed and are entitled you get the payment automatically.
    No appeal that's it

Comment

Also bear in mind the trigger is the AVERAGE temperature of 0c or lower for SEVEN days at particular weather stations, not necessarily your living room.

Comment

Two things very worthy of note here:

1. This thread on MSE http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/grant-grabbing (especially the £135 with DLA as a qualifying category)

2. From tonight's episode of BBC's Watchdog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...rgy-efficiency

Comment

i didn't want to appeal or anything like that,just wanted to know where exactly the data is taken from as we've have a weather station 5mins (if that) from here.

just phoned jcp and asked for some info, apparently the weather station the reading is taken from is 20+ miles away. my friend lives in that general area and it didn't hit below 0 over there so that will be why no triggers.

i remember last year, postcode areas g64 g65 g67 g68 all got their payments and my area of g66 got nothing. weird

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X